The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is there no cooldown on changing characters with differente alliance when joining cyrodill?

Hopca
Hopca
Soul Shriven
Hey all,

as my topic says, Im interested why is there no such a thing like "cooldown" for example when you change character on your account who is different alliance and then he joins same campaign?

This way you can "cheat" as soon as you see some1 will take your scroll you log attacking alliance and grab scroll for yourself and just stand there or run deep into enemy teritory.

Sorry for bad english and for mayve stupid question but i really enjoy pvp im this game and i started to thing about this problem a lot recently.

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Hopca
  • T1y4hoon
    T1y4hoon
    ✭✭✭
    You used to only be able to have one character in each campaign which covered that issue, but thats gone now. Its also not as big a problem as you would think. I have been playing pvp for almost 3 years now (I think?), and I've seen it happen a few times. The players who do it usually get reported and the banned from the game.

Also, you cannot grab the scroll from another player; once that player has the scroll, they keep it on themselves until they are killed. Picking up the scroll is also really random if you have a large group going after it, everyone will try to grab it at the same time and one person will kind of randomly get it.

The situation you are talking about rarely happens, but when it does, the player is usually reported and banned, as I stated above.