The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

vMA rewards system change. Players, unite!

evoprimes
evoprimes
✭✭✭
Hello guys,

Please let's unite and make the official request to Zenimax to change the reward system of vMA.

The current system can be improved because it has the following disadvantages:

1) Massively dependent on RNG. It's very possible that you would not what you want even over 200+ runs(yeah, that means 200 hours for experienced people).
2) No way to get your item after a significant amount of runs.
3) Totally pointless traits that should be removed on certaim items.
4) Drops are not score related.

For me, the way that's currently implemented it's not rewarding at all.

I totally understand that BiS items should not be easy to get, but in my opinion there should be a way to obtain your favorite item after a certain number of runs.

Simply put, ZOS should provide an alternative for people that are not lucky.

Please drop any suggestions below.

Thanks!
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trade in 5 weapons for a re-roll at the chest. So every 5 bad items we atleast get one more attempt at the chest.

Maybe 2 item drops for a flawless run? Why shouldn't someone be awarded more for doing something so difficult.

OR; add in another event for double drops so I can get in for a week and grind and never go back.

OR; simply remove the filler traits like decisive that water down the drop table and make it harder to get useable traits. Why it was implemented anyway I have no idea.
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will never do vma untill there is a way to earn the sharp destro staff reliably.
    I prefer group play and i dont want to spend countless hours in a solo dungeon if there is only one item i can use from it and that hardly ever drops.

I rather spend my time practicing the new trial or even pvp-ing.

If vma did have a token system i would grind it but i might have stopped caring by the time they implement it. The thing is out now for like 2 years?
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the flawless conquerers out there just remind me how group play unfriendly eso is and how these poor buggers ended up doing vma over and over because they could not find a group to do something fun with.....

#conspiracytheory
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beesting wrote: »
    All the flawless conquerers out there just remind me how group play unfriendly eso is and how these poor buggers ended up doing vma over and over because they could not find a group to do something fun with.....

#conspiracytheory

Not wrong. I play VMA so much because I can't even get a team of 4 to help for Vdsa; let alone a group of 12.
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    Trade in 5 weapons for a re-roll at the chest. So every 5 bad items we atleast get one more attempt at the chest.

Maybe 2 item drops for a flawless run? Why shouldn't someone be awarded more for doing something so difficult.

OR; add in another event for double drops so I can get in for a week and grind and never go back.

OR; simply remove the filler traits like decisive that water down the drop table and make it harder to get useable traits. Why it was implemented anyway I have no idea.

Thank you for your suggestions.
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    Beesting wrote: »
    I will never do vma untill there is a way to earn the sharp destro staff reliably.
    I prefer group play and i dont want to spend countless hours in a solo dungeon if there is only one item i can use from it and that hardly ever drops.

I rather spend my time practicing the new trial or even pvp-ing.

If vma did have a token system i would grind it but i might have stopped caring by the time they implement it. The thing is out now for like 2 years?

That's exactly what I want them to fix. It's not enjoyable, it's just pure grind right now and it could be a lot better than this.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just need a token system (which they've said they're considering) and nothing else needs to change.

I don't like the idea of tying items to score because what if I want a good score, but don't want a sharpened weapon, what if my build uses a more obscure trait (especially now you can get more pen from CP).

The idea of any system which separates good and bad traits is only subjective to the person getting them. Also this creates a nightmare in the long run when the meta changes due to balance or trait updates and suddenly sharpened isn't BiS. They have to go and rework the system to make the high score item the new meta items again.

So yeah, token system, have Maelstrom weapons refine into "Maelstrom Weapon Fragments" and then have the Merchant in there sell items for X number of fragments.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    They just need a token system (which they've said they're considering) and nothing else needs to change.

I don't like the idea of tying items to score because what if I want a good score, but don't want a sharpened weapon, what if my build uses a more obscure trait (especially now you can get more pen from CP).

The idea of any system which separates good and bad traits is only subjective to the person getting them. Also this creates a nightmare in the long run when the meta changes due to balance or trait updates and suddenly sharpened isn't BiS. They have to go and rework the system to make the high score item the new meta items again.

So yeah, token system, have Maelstrom weapons refine into "Maelstrom Weapon Fragments" and then have the Merchant in there sell items for X number of fragments.

I agree with your approach. I would eliminate certain traits that are not optimal(charged/decisive) when a player will have a score close to the leaderboards. This will encourage everybody to get better at solo content, therefore enhancing their skills.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Agreed. Token system is best. Even if it took 50 runs to get one token, if that token allowed you to select your weapon and trait, it would be worth it.

@ZOS_RichLambert vMA content is not easy by any measure, but nothing within the content is more disheartening, more discouraging, and thus more deterring, than the RNG. It creates a sense of hopelessness to such an extent that the RNG element counterproductively causes players to play content less. Tokens put a light at the end of the tunnel, and add meaning to the endeavor, since the player is progressing towards a goal, not struggling blindly.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also as per some pre-Morrowind interviews they have said the following (and I am paraphrasing).

They know RNG is a pain point for the game, they're looking into it.
    They're looking at and considering a token system, but it's only in the thinking stage (ie, will this ruin the game, how can we do this so it won't ruin the game).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be great to have it implemented soon
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

I would like to, but unfortunately I don't think it will take less than one year. They still have to fix a lot of issues in this game. Now with the launch of Morrowind, other bugs will appear also. They will get busy.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snip
    Edited by waitwhat on May 22, 2017 8:27AM
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong thread. Apologies.
    Edited by waitwhat on May 22, 2017 8:27AM

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong thread. Apologies.

"30s to eval"
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoprimes wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »

I would like to, but unfortunately I don't think it will take less than one year. They still have to fix a lot of issues in this game. Now with the launch of Morrowind, other bugs will appear also. They will get busy.

True but that does not seem so hard to implement. Anyway, wait and see
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you break down a vMA weapon, you get a token. x amount of tokens gives you the weapon of your choice. This way they can still have their RNG but the players have a fail-safe in place so they don't run it hundreds of times without getting their weapon. I think a fair amount would be 50-100 tokens. Some players that want multiple weapons could still get unlucky and end up running it 100s of times to get their weapons, but at least they would know they'd eventually get it.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    If you break down a vMA weapon, you get a token. x amount of tokens gives you the weapon of your choice. This way they can still have their RNG but the players have a fail-safe in place so they don't run it hundreds of times without getting their weapon. I think a fair amount would be 50-100 tokens. Some players that want multiple weapons could still get unlucky and end up running it 100s of times to get their weapons, but at least they would know they'd eventually get it.

Good idea, this will be simple enough to implement also.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of ways to improve this *** , how I see this, is to give and Maelstrom key like Undaunted keys.

Then when u leaving final arena and go to end the quest. u can spend this key to one of chests with different rewards.
    Best of all for every type of weapons.
    Bows chest, duals chest, 1handed chest, resto, destro and 2 handed.
    And to left in them only usable traits at least ith some effectiveness:
    1. 1handed - sharpened, defending, decisive (in needs a buff, now it's *** even for tanks, too small amount of ult instead of penetration for all skills on the bar...), infused
    2. 2handed - sharpened, defending, (+maybe nirnhored and infused but they are not usable in system now, not enouch penetration even in morrowind)
    3. duals - sharpened, infused, precise, (nirnhored if something buff this trait, it gives too small + to weapon damage)
    4. Inferno staves - sharpened, infused, precise, nirnhored (if buffed) (maybe charged if changing how this *** works, it's completly absolutly useless now)
    5. lightning staves - sharpened, infused, precise, (nirn if buffed), same with charged
    6. Ice staves - defending, decisive (change how it work, maybe it should regen ults from skills used on the bar with this weapon) and i don't know, sharpened for pvp. (Tanking for mana with stave is absolutly ugly ***, i think it shoud ne changed to little bonus to used absorb shields insteas of stupid reduced in cost blocking for mana)
    7. restoration staves - infused, defending, precise, sharpened (and nirn, which should be buffed, and changed in working decisive)

So, again, separate chests. Removing idiotic traits from some typoes of weapons (like charged on resto, maces, daggers, swords), changing way of working for traits: decisive, charged. Some buff for trait Nirnhored.
    Maybe + to this Tokens for trating many crap weapons to one, which U exactly need from it.

P.s: I completly hate Maelstrom. I've done exactly 40 runs into this ***, and i still have no weapons to use. But main reason is - Maelstrom is very boring. U even have no team to talk during this ~hour of your life. I don't want to go there again especially after global nerf for resourse management.
    Edited by Anethum on May 23, 2017 5:23PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    ya it sucks that VMA seems required for the sharpened inferno/lightning staves, you slave away for an hour trying to do the best you can do just to get a *** weapon, always leaves a sour taste in my mouth and ruins my desire to even play after. the trade in system would be nice or something.

if it would give a weapon related to our max resource or something, i mean jesus i've got shields and 2hand weapons galore but not even one crappy inferno staff.
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    diplomatt wrote: »
    One of ways to improve this *** , how I see this, is to give and Maelstrom key like Undaunted keys.

Then when u leaving final arena and go to end the quest. u can spend this key to one of chests with different rewards.
    Best of all for every type of weapons.
    Bows chest, duals chest, 1handed chest, resto, destro and 2 handed.
    And to left in them only usable traits at least ith some effectiveness:
    1. 1handed - sharpened, defending, decisive (in needs a buff, now it's *** even for tanks, too small amount of ult instead of penetration for all skills on the bar...), infused
    2. 2handed - sharpened, defending, (+maybe nirnhored and infused but they are not usable in system now, not enouch penetration even in morrowind)
    3. duals - sharpened, infused, precise, (nirnhored if something buff this trait, it gives too small + to weapon damage)
    4. Inferno staves - sharpened, infused, precise, nirnhored (if buffed) (maybe charged if changing how this *** works, it's completly absolutly useless now)
    5. lightning staves - sharpened, infused, precise, (nirn if buffed), same with charged
    6. Ice staves - defending, decisive (change how it work, maybe it should regen ults from skills used on the bar with this weapon) and i don't know, sharpened for pvp. (Tanking for mana with stave is absolutly ugly ***, i think it shoud ne changed to little bonus to used absorb shields insteas of stupid reduced in cost blocking for mana)
    7. restoration staves - infused, defending, precise, sharpened (and nirn, which should be buffed, and changed in working decisive)

So, again, separate chests. Removing idiotic traits from some typoes of weapons (like charged on resto, maces, daggers, swords), changing way of working for traits: decisive, charged. Some buff for trait Nirnhored.
    Maybe + to this Tokens for trating many crap weapons to one, which U exactly need from it.

P.s: I completly hate Maelstrom. I've done exactly 40 runs into this ***, and i still have no weapons to use. But main reason is - Maelstrom is very boring. U even have no team to talk during this ~hour of your life. I don't want to go there again especially after global nerf for resourse management.

Thank you for your response, I really hope this thread will get into the attention of Zenimax team. The idea of having keys similar to the Undaunted mechanics is really good. I also agree with the removal of unnecessary traits.
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    Draekony wrote: »
    ya it sucks that VMA seems required for the sharpened inferno/lightning staves, you slave away for an hour trying to do the best you can do just to get a *** weapon, always leaves a sour taste in my mouth and ruins my desire to even play after. the trade in system would be nice or something.

if it would give a weapon related to our max resource or something, i mean jesus i've got shields and 2hand weapons galore but not even one crappy inferno staff.

The RNG is so bad and players don't have a backup. That's the main problem.
  • kynseon
    kynseon
    ✭✭✭
    not sure if is mentioned here but someone mentioned a good way for us to use our crappy MA weapons. Make it so you can turn in 2 maelstrom weapons and you receive another one from a chest. At least its another way to have a chance to roll something else.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

I know that thread.

He got the sharpened Inferno Staff on his 97th run.

The point is that is RNG, you can get what you want after 2-3 runs or after 2-300 runs.

I think the game needs something to offer all players the possibility to change their unwanted dropped items into good ones.
    Edited by evoprimes on May 24, 2017 4:55PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just started running vMa again to farm up a jewelry set and maybe a sharpened ice destro.

It took two runs for me to remember how this sucked so much. It isn't hard, but it doesn't enhance my experience at all when I get that charged lightning staff or precise bow like I did yesterday. Heck, I'll do the thing fifty times with no drops as long as I get a chance to actually choose what I get.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • NotPhobia
    NotPhobia
    ✭✭✭
    I Have done vMSA over 400x and still have not got my sharpened inferno staff , this system is flawed and needs to be changed . Its gross to think about the amount of time ive been grinding this and not gotten a sharpened inferno.