The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Suggestion] Trial Monster Sets and Jewelry Crafting

Threat
Threat
Soul Shriven
Currently, as far as I can assume, we do not have jewelry crafting in the game for two major reasons. Most content isn't scaled for the use of two simultaneous crafted sets [not to mention the ease of getting BIS without obtaining trial gear], and the fact that the end game trial gear table is structured around legendary jewelry. The following is my suggested solution to the latter issue.

The final bosses completed on Hardmode in vet trials would drop a trial monster helm [%100 chance, random trait/material, able to be traded]. Each boss from the four trials will drop one for each role: tank, healer, stam dps, magika dps. The 1 piece set bonus to these helms would give a trial buff that corresponds with the intended role of the item [dps: minor slayer, tank: minor aegis, etc]

As for the shoulders; they will drop only from the reward mail from completing the weekly trial and remaining on the leader board. The shoulder would match the weekly trial that week, would come in a random trait/material, and of course it could not be traded.

I have not decided the 2 piece set bonus to these items, and would be open to suggestions. However, these sets would need to be balanced [pve and pvp] and best in slot, as the purpose of these sets are to replace the current end game grind for legendary jewelry.

As for the first issue that I brought up regarding Jewelry crafting affecting the crafted sets, the only solution I can think of involves reworking the crafted sets to account for the probability of characters running two crafted sets simultaneously.

As for how jewelry crafting would work, I imagine it would be similar to enchanting. Once an item is created, it cannot be upgraded. That way we don't have people trying to get low quality jewelry from drops only to upgrade it to legendary.

Leave any feedback you can think of below. Thanks.
  • Arenguros
    Arenguros
    ✭✭✭
    Or just don't give crafted jewelry the same sets as armor and weapons, but their own unique 3piece sets.
    These could be on par with agility/willpower, but not as strong as the trial sets.

Still I believe the main reason they haven't implemented Jewelry Crafting is: There just isn't enough to warrant an own profession.
    - You could only craft 3 different types of item with 3 different traits each.
    - You could upgrade these 3 slots.
    - You can have some exclusive furniture items.
    This just isn't enough.

Unless the whole trait system gets a big overhaul or there is something else to this profession I don't see this ever being implemented.
    Edited by Arenguros on May 21, 2017 3:53PM
  • Threat
    Threat
    Soul Shriven
    Arenguros wrote: »
    Or just don't give crafted jewelry the same sets as armor and weapons, but their own unique 3piece sets.
    These could be on par with agility/willpower, but not as strong as the trial sets.

Still I believe the main reason they haven't implemented Jewelry Crafting is: There just isn't enough to warrant an own profession.
    - You could only craft 3 different types of item with 3 different traits each.
    - You could upgrade these 3 slots.
    - You can have some exclusive furniture items.
    This just isn't enough.

Unless the whole trait system gets a big overhaul or there is something else to this profession I don't see this ever being implemented.

I gotcha. Thanks for your reply. I think that's a good idea.

Going along with my idea, Jewelcrafting would be tied in with blacksmithing. And to do that, we'd have to allow the jewelry to use the same sets as blacksmithing and other crafting.

Although I agree that the trait system would need to be overhauled or at least changed in some way for jewelry since there aren't 9 traits for jewelry. But since there are different traits for weapons and armor, I'm sure it wouldn't be too far-fetched to allow for different traits in a blacksmithing tab.
  • Threat
    Threat
    Soul Shriven
    A friend of mine brought up a point about a power gap between players who can get on the leaderboards and those who cannot. A solution that we thought of would be to allow for a weekly Undaunted quest giver who would give a key to any player who completes the vet trial. That key would open a special chest that would contain the trial monster shoulders with random traits and material.

This would replace my suggested method of only giving out shoulders through the reward mail for staying on the leaderboard.

Also keep in mind; the only reason I bring up the Trial Monster Sets is to incentivize players to do trials. If you can get legendary jewelry through crafting, there's no gear incentive to want to finish vet trials that give legendary jewelry (unless of course you need that specific set).