Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Flamestaff/Lightningstaff using most successful?

DeHei
DeHei
✭✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to know when i use fields like elemental wall with firestaff to make damage over and switching then to lightning staff to have more area damage together? Same should work with destroult too, placing ult with firestaff to get the dot damage and switching to lightning Staff to make the more area damage. Anybody know wheater that works? Pls explain me your experience, which playstyle have the most effectivness?
Edited by DeHei on May 21, 2017 8:28AM
DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
De Hei(Youtube)
  • wretch200
    wretch200
    ✭✭
    It personally becomes more useful for me as a Mag Sorc to use lightning, simply because of the inherent dps increase from the Storm Calling Tree. It ends up doing more area and single target damage to my enemies. However, any other class, the Flame staff will inherently do more damage. Especially DK's who will make excellent use of the Flame Staff and its abilities.

Hope this helped solve your issue.
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imo, if you're a dark elf or DK (or definitely both), you're probably better off using inferno.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you understood me wrong. I just wanted to know, if that work to increase the total damage, when i am not a magicka sorc or dk, which have a special damage bonus for 1 of these staffs.

Anybody tested it?
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Arenguros
    Arenguros
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a dot/aoe ticking and switch bars, the damage will always scale with the bar you have active when the damage hits.

But if you cast Elemental blockade with a fire staff it will always stay a fire ability, even if you switch to a lightning staff.

Is this what you meant?
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arenguros wrote: »
    If you have a dot/aoe ticking and switch bars, the damage will always scale with the bar you have active when the damage hits.

But if you cast Elemental blockade with a fire staff it will always stay a fire ability, even if you switch to a lightning staff.

Is this what you meant?

Yeah, that i meaned. So it works? For Templar and Nightblades for example bring it a bit more DPS.
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you're doing it correctly and are correct.

Casting fire blockade etc with your fire staff and then switching to Lightning gets both the higher tooltip damage from fire blockade and then the additional 8% AoE damage from using a Lightning Staff.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arenguros wrote: »

Is this what you meant?

Not DOT but AOE will work with switching bar as u mentioned
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on May 21, 2017 7:43PM
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you're doing it correctly and are correct.

Casting fire blockade etc with your fire staff and then switching to Lightning gets both the higher tooltip damage from fire blockade and then the additional 8% AoE damage from using a Lightning Staff.

good to know. ty

Then i know how to do my new build :)
    De Hei(Youtube)