Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best way to learn market prices on console.

Shadow_Viper_vX
Shadow_Viper_vX
✭✭✭✭✭
What is the best way for a player on console to learn market prices?

Not sure where to start.

PS4 NA
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to one of the most popular Guild Trader locations and check there. They kinda set the market price by default since they get the most through traffic. Places like Rawl'kha, Mournhold, and Wayrest.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can look at your sales, and guild sales in guild store history. It's really tiresome and poorly formatted. Visit all the kiosks in the same city, or in all the alliance capitals and see what prices are in general. Is this great? No. That's why Master Merchant exists on PC. Maybe if people *** enough ZOS will implement something similar in-game, so I don't have to log-in and then wait 10 minutes for MM to finish loading.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go to the main market hubs and check all the traders. Or download eso price check.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is actually a website. Someone hopefully will come and link it for you
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't check every guild trader, that's just a waste of time. Check just the major cities, like Mournhold, Belkarth, or Dagger fall as these are where a lot of high level players idle and there's multiple big name traders that are as competitive as possible with a majority of their items. Additionally, the spending power is massive in these areas too, so chances are you'll get a good feel for which and what material costs are.

Every zone has people constantly selling materials over zone chat, you could message the ones selling and ask what they're looking to get.
    If you see the same item being sold again from another player, ask that player too. Average out in your head if the numbers don't match. If one player wants double than usual, he's probably unsure on the prices too, or just a stickler. :)

Take your time getting used to the market, there are definite tricks to getting good, but if you're trying to just learn the prices, start from there.

And also, remember guild traders are marked up by at least 10-20% from regular street trade value.
    Message me if you have any price match questions, I'll gladly help.
    Edited by Eshelmen on May 21, 2017 12:51AM
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • Wrekkedd
    Wrekkedd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tamrieltradecentre.com l2p scrub
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just look through Five Dollar Motifs. Most of the time they are in Elden Root. They are pretty consistent with avatage in game pricing.
    If your trader is not in a major trading hub then lower your prices a bit since you wont get many visitors as if you were in Wayrest or the like.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it called ESObay on Reddit?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/Search only track pc prices, console prices are higher.
    However its an nice indicator if an set is popular or not.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://esopricecheck.wordpress.com

Here's a good place to start, it's usually pretty accurate even though it's Xbox prices. It's how I price most my items, and all I do is trade on ps4 NA. You're welcome!
    Edited by jlboozer on May 21, 2017 3:32AM
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/Search only track pc prices, console prices are higher.
    However its an nice indicator if an set is popular or not.
    TTC also does console, you can choose your platform and region on this page :
    https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/

EDIT : Nvm, the option is there but there doesn't seem to be any entries for it.
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on May 21, 2017 8:48AM
    PC/EU DC
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why you need to learn the prices? Just go and look the cheapest one, ESO's system is alot more funnier, you might hit a jackpot or make massive loss.
    Edited by Sausage on May 21, 2017 9:39AM
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good to be well informed, both when buying and selling items.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a way of seeing things, a good thing to consider would be what kind of trader your guild wants to be, whether it would primarily sell one type of thing, whether it would be alchemy, enchanting, blacksmithing, motifs, etc. or even sell different things at once.

Sell only one category per trading guild (or just stick with what you know best) or even juggle multiple categories at once at the cost of guild bank space from which you sell the ill gotten gains to those who need it & eventually, you could wipe out the trade competition.(in a way from which both sides are winners.) because "the best way to destroy your enemy is by making them your friend" as Albert once quoted.

it only makes sense in the way from which if a popular trade guild teams up with another such popular trade guild in an Everlasting empire from which goods are sold for reasonable prices, there will be even more gold & goodies for everyone to benefit from in the long run.
    If you see me anywhere. Know that I am sitting back with a bag of popcorn, watching as ESO burns the goodwill of its player base with practices that only disrespects the players time like it did to me and many others...

If a game does not respect your time, best thing to do is move on from it and find something else.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the advice :)

Edited by Shadow_Viper_vX on May 22, 2017 10:59PM
  • Cadtruck
    Cadtruck
    I just go to Wayrest usually and check all the different vendors. Use that as well as checking my guild stores that I am apart of.
    NA PS4
    CP 330+
    50 Stamina NB - Grishnawk
    50 Mag Templar Healer - Vorgothe
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye, that might be the quickest/simplest
  • Saatvik
    Saatvik
    jlboozer wrote: »
    https://esopricecheck.wordpress.com

Here's a good place to start, it's usually pretty accurate even though it's Xbox prices. It's how I price most my items, and all I do is trade on ps4 NA. You're welcome!

Just a small doubt... What do the two tables for an item signify?
  • DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC, the middle table is the average, and the right table is the suggested price range.
    X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
    Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
    - Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler