The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

New Option – Allow to refund some Crown Store Items (Limited)

Prizax
Prizax
✭✭✭
As most of you already know a lot of games (MMORPG) have the option to refund some of the cash shop items but of course they are limited like 3 or 5 items per account (lifetime).

I do understand that in the case of ESO there will be a lot of items that don’t apply to this option because of the way they are meant to be used, but I’m pretty sure that ZoS can implement this option to some of them.

I’m aware that there will be a lot of conditions for this kind of things, but what do you guys think?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not an idea I've ever come across before, I've only heard of games offering a refund on specific items if there was a problem with it - for example if they had to change the design for a costume for some reason after players had bought it.

Which items do you think they should offer refunds on? And why would they do this? Are there things you can't preview properly using the current system?
    Edited by Danikat on May 20, 2017 4:52PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Prizax
    Prizax
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    It's not an idea I've ever come across before, I've only heard of games offering a refund on specific items if there was a problem with it - for example if they had to change the design for a costume for some reason after players had bought it.

Which items do you think they should offer refunds on? And why would they do this? Are there things you can't preview properly using the current system?

Well on my case it's primarily because I would like to refund the first two DLC that came out (Imperial City and Orsinium) since I bought them when they were released long time ago and I do now prefer to just have ESO Plus and I see that I made a mistake buying those and I can use those crowns for something better...
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prizax wrote: »
    Allow to refund some Crown Store Items...
    You know little of businessmen, like the ones in charge at ZOS, right? ;)
    DGRrT1t.gif
    :p;):D
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    This will never be implemented. Why you might ask? Simple, think of it from the business/profit point of view. . . Whats in it for them? It would take time, resources to make this happen. it would generate ZERO profit in the process, further the refunded amount would be utilized by you, to do what??? generate LESS profit by buying something they had to develop at cost so you can avoid said cost? nope, dont see that happening any time soon.
  • Prizax
    Prizax
    ✭✭✭
    Well I do understand how from a business point of view the system works, I think I forget to say that when you refund the crown store item you only get back just the crowns you spent at that time and that's it you won't get back your real life money. ZoS actually doesn't lose money from this since the crowns were already bought by the player and it will be limited to just some items and like 3 or 5 items per account. :)
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

they cause many of those problems. not all of the items will tell you If you already bought that item, so when you do, and try to apply it, than your told that you already have that item, which in my opinion is BS for not allowing a refund for something they cause to happen

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, let my buy DLC, play it, and return it. Sounds like a good business model. DLC is exactly the kind of thing that would not be included. In fact, even if I chose to sub now, I saved a lot of money by buying Orsinium and IC outright instead of subbing. Combined those cost me $24. People who subbed those 2 quarters paid $90 (or $78 if they bought sub months at the largest size). I see no reason why ZOS should facilitate you getting refunded.

The refund idea is not worth considering without an evaluation period specified. For example, allow 3 hours for players to see if they like the way an item looks before they refund. This becomes tricky with DLC as that is enough time for me to unlock the TG or DB skill lines and some skills that my character would keep forever.

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think this could work with costumes/hair/makeup/mounts.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The past costumes/hair/makeup/mounts are now coming in the crown crates ..... so that would also need to be accounted, was it a crown store purchase or a crown crate prize .....

If you get an item you already have in the crown crates, you get about a third of the crown gem value .....

I do not see this ever getting implemented, if they did it would not be crown for crown. It will be something lower like they do with the crown crates .....
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd sell back some houses for 1/2 the original price in gold or crowns.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    The past costumes/hair/makeup/mounts are now coming in the crown crates ..... so that would also need to be accounted, was it a crown store purchase or a crown crate prize .....

If you get an item you already have in the crown crates, you get about a third of the crown gem value .....

I do not see this ever getting implemented, if they did it would not be crown for crown. It will be something lower like they do with the crown crates .....

they would probably have to keep it restricted to cosmetic items bought with crowns only.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭

they would probably have to keep it restricted to cosmetic items bought with crowns only.

I don't see it being implemented anytime in the near future .....
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't see it being implemented anytime in the near future .....

sure, but we might as well discuss it because that's what the thread is about
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would rather get a partial refund when I buy an expansion 4-pack, which includes an expansion I already paid Crowns for.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love a 10 minute trial period on things, so you can dye costumes, run around in them, etc. for a few minutes before you are locked in. But I wouldn't count on it.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Personally, I would rather get a partial refund when I buy an expansion 4-pack, which includes an expansion I already paid Crowns for.

I would probably have bought the 4-pack if it weren't for already having bought Orsinium. I'd be less likely to buy it now since additional benefits make it unlikely that I'll play without subbing, but at the time a price adjustment for already owned content (or the ability to pass on the extra copy of the DLC to someone else) would have made a difference.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably wouldn't want to deal with handling the returns. But I agree with you, and also agree that it should be limited to prevent people abusing it constantly. It would be worth it to make their players happy. Happy players are players who are more likely to play longer, and buy more from the Crown Store ultimately. It's a win-win. I don't expect it'll happen, though.