The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quest bug: The Unquiet Dead - can't place items to Reinforce Inner Sanctum Ward

Dancingmark
Dancingmark
Soul Shriven
I have retrieved the Skull, the Milky Rock, and the Glowy Vial. I have placed the Skull on the Lord's Altar, but I can't place either of the other items on any altar. The menu option upon examining the altar just isn't there. The Pale Sentinel is telling me I have everything.
If it helps, earlier I tried to place one of the items on the 'wrong' altar and got a bit of red local lightning.
I have left the location and re-entered. I have left the game for days, hoping for some kind of reset.
  • Linda535
    Linda535
    Soul Shriven
    Well, this is discouraging to see no response from two years ago. I guess bug reporting doesn't work with ESO.
    I have the same issue except that I cannot place any of the items.
  • Linda535
    Linda535
    Soul Shriven
    Oh wait, I did get the Lord message to place one of the items ONCE, but when I alt-tabbed to see the correct item on a fan site and came back, only the Lord info appeared. Seems you're screwed if you don't write down the correct order and get it right the first time?