The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VMA don't give up!

inked1
inked1
✭✭✭
Just want to give those of you who haven't finished VMA yet a little hope and encouragement. If I can do it then you can too.

What qualifies me to say that? I'm a 46 year old guy and this is my first MMO. I have a job, a wife and kids. I am not a full time player. I'm just a regular guy that likes playing this game. You do not have to be a hardcore gamer that does nothing but VMA runs to beat it. So yes you can do it!

In another thread a couple weeks ago I wrote that I was ready to give up. I had been at it on my stamsorc for 4 months. That's 4 months on the last boss getting my butt handed to me. I watched videos, read guides asked for advice but still couldn't beat it. In that thread I got a lot of encouragement and advice, all of which was great. So I went back in. My hands shook, heart rate racing but I did something different this time. I quit trying to just burn everything like the pros do. I took my time and concentrated on just doing the mechanic I knew I had to do. I didn't get focused on just trying to burn the boss or those dam CG's. I took care of me and the mechanics. Next thing I knew everything was dead and I had won. Hands still shaking, heart rate still racing. I was still nervous but I stayed focus until the job was done. You can do that too!

So 4 months for my first clear. Waited a few days and decided to try on my magsorc pet build. It was a learning curve. Had to learn to kite and stay healed and never ever let my shield down. Ever. So this time it took me 4 days. Not months this time but 4 days. Hands still shaking, heart still racing. Still an old guy trying to play a young mans game. That was this week. Spent Monday through Thursday completing it. Still making mistakes but also learning and getting better. You can too!

So today I went back in on my magsorc. Only took me 4 hours. Woohoo! Yes I was still nervous. Hands still shaking. I'm still not a great player. Just an old guy having fun. My bar set up is unconventional and not optimal. I try very hard not to have to bar swap. I get too nervous and get lost and then get dead. I had to find a way to simplify it as much as possible for me. Those guys out there running perfect rotations and set up are great and you can learn a lot from them. But you will have to figure out works best for you to get your first clear. And that's the key. It's your first clear not a streamers optimal set up who knows the arena like the back of his hand. This is your clear. You can do it. Find what works for you then do the things you HAVE to do. You have to interrupt certain ads and bosses or you die. You have to do certain mechanic at certain times or you die. You have job in there and you have to do it or you die. You aren't going to miracle your way through on your first clear. Go do the mechanics and quit worrying about killing. You do your job and things will die.

I know it's hard. I know the first time you do that last boss is the hardest thing you're going to do in this game. But I know it can be done and that includes you. Take your time. Concentrate on mechanics not the boss. Do the things you have to do and he will die. Then like a thousand of other people have said, the next time is a hundred times easier, I promise.

Hope this helps any of you that are discouraged and thinking of giving up. It can be done by non-professionals like you and me.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job, OP!

This thread is one more reminder why we need some difficult content that doesn't require tons of planning and trying to get 12 people together to do it. That feeling after the first clear - is one of the best rewards ever. Plus the feeling when you can do it consistently and smoothly and you see how much better of a player you've become compared to where you were when you started.
  • inked1
    inked1
    ✭✭✭
    @Artis 100% agree. I love how hard it is. I love how it makes me nervous. I love how I can't just steam roll through it like everything else solo. And that feeling the first time you clear it is the best part of this game. It's a true accomplishment that you have to do on your own.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with OP.

Here is the truth:
    If you've got the OP's skill and OP's patience and a maxed mag sorc class then you are definitely going to beat VMA.

An here is where it escalates:
    1) 4 months to beat it? looks like a lot of patience is required from a player
    2) mag sorc - is the easiest class to beat VMA with - go get any other class and the difficulty of VMA is increasing and what took you 4 months would've taken it even more time. The time increases exponentially with difficulty. If VMA becomes 10% more difficult then it might require you twice as much time to pass it for the first time!.

But yes everybody can do VMA providing they have infinite time, some minimal skill and infinite patience!
    Edited by Didgerion on May 19, 2017 9:26PM
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    I disagree with OP.

Here is the truth:
    If you've got the OP's skill and OP's patience and a maxed mag sorc class then you are definitely going to beat VMA.

2) mag sorc - is the easiest class to beat VMA with - go get any other class and the difficulty of VMA is increasing and what took you 4 months would've taken it even more time. The time increases exponentially with difficulty. If VMA becomes 10% more difficult then it might require you twice as much time to pass it for the first time!.

But yes everybody can do VMA providing they have infinite time, some minimal skill and infinite patience!

Also please note that as of Monday the resources will be harder to manage - and again what took OP 4 month will take you longer with Morrowind providing you have the same skill as OP has.
    Edited by Didgerion on May 19, 2017 9:33PM
  • inked1
    inked1
    ✭✭✭
    @Didgerion I understand what you're trying to say but my first clear was on a stamsorc. While it's an easy class to do vma on it's still a stam character and not easy. Yes my magsorc is much easier to run in there.

As far as infinite time, no. I'm married with kids and a job. Yes I have some skill but I'm not a pro. I'm not even sure how to animation cancel. I can weave some light attacks in between skills but that is the extent of it. As far as patience goes, well I don't like to lose. So generally I will keep trying until I win or die. Patience or hard headedness? You decide.

All I'm trying to do is keep those still trying for their first clear motivated. They can do it. I believe I'm proof because I'm not a hardcore pro player like all the YouTube videos. I'm just a regular guy playing when I can like most of ESO's population.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done @inked1

That hands shaking heart racing feeling on the first clear is awesome.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inked1 wrote: »
    @Didgerion I understand what you're trying to say but my first clear was on a stamsorc. While it's an easy class to do vma on it's still a stam character and not easy. Yes my magsorc is much easier to run in there.

As far as infinite time, no. I'm married with kids and a job. Yes I have some skill but I'm not a pro. I'm not even sure how to animation cancel. I can weave some light attacks in between skills but that is the extent of it. As far as patience goes, well I don't like to lose. So generally I will keep trying until I win or die. Patience or hard headedness? You decide.

All I'm trying to do is keep those still trying for their first clear motivated. They can do it. I believe I'm proof because I'm not a hardcore pro player like all the YouTube videos. I'm just a regular guy playing when I can like most of ESO's population.

Yes I know what you are saying also I know I sound a little bit pessimistic here but I think it is wrong to motivate players spend more time on something with no guaranteed result!

Also I truly believe that VMA is wrongly balanced also it is wrong to keep the best game weapons under a difficulty gate.

ZOS should be addressed here and not the players who still didn't manage to pass their first VMA run!
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats OP. I went from completing VMA on my magsorc for the first time 2 weeks ago with around 100 deaths; yesterday, not even 20 vma runs later, i got my first flawless run. The progression after the first VMA victory is absolutely insane. First time is the hardest, second is easier, then by 5th or so its a walk in the park.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job but the effort to fun ratio is appalling in this place. Maybe when I'm utterly bored with the game and hate myself enough to spend hundreds of hours learning it I'll go back.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats OP. I went from completing VMA on my magsorc for the first time 2 weeks ago with around 100 deaths; yesterday, not even 20 vma runs later, i got my first flawless run. The progression after the first VMA victory is absolutely insane. First time is the hardest, second is easier, then by 5th or so its a walk in the park.

before my 1st clear, peope always said this to me! i really was ready to rip their heads off but it is honestly so true.

i actually ran it on my healer 3 days ago (wearing tbs & spc) for fun - got a leaderboard score 2 and a mace & shield in the mail :(
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I know what you are saying also I know I sound a little bit pessimistic here but I think it is wrong to motivate players spend more time on something with no guaranteed result!

Also I truly believe that VMA is wrongly balanced also it is wrong to keep the best game weapons under a difficulty gate.

ZOS should be addressed here and not the players who still didn't manage to pass their first VMA run!

Which MMO have you played where the BEST weapons aren't behind difficult content? That's the whole point of it.
    If you want to have exactly what everyone else has, from the start, don't play an MMO, play COD.

It's actually very refreshing to see someone not give up after 2 hours like the rest of the people on this forum do.
    The feeling when you get your first complete as well is always good.

It's not really unbalanced.
    I disagree with OP.

Here is the truth:

Here's the truth:
    This arena is designed with 300CP in mind, so any character is fine, as long as you understand your class.

1) Some people complete this content for the first time in 2-4 hours, other people it takes 4 weeks - It doesn't matter. Once you've done it once your runs pick up momentum very quickly and before you know it you're doing 1 hour runs, then 45 minute runs.
    2) Nope, to all of it.

Everybody can do an arena designed around 300CP and no proc sets - Not everyone is willing to invest the time.
    The thing is, the amount of times the OP has probably spent on each arena, I bet he knows them like the back of his hand - spawns, what to expect, the elite add for the round, etc; Investing time and paying attention is the most important thing.
    Those people who aren't doing either, don't deserve the same rewards as the OP simple as that.

Congrats by the way @Inked1.
    Edited by BNOC on May 22, 2017 9:16AM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • PokeMaule
    PokeMaule
    ✭✭
    Totally agree @BNOC I believe you posted on my comment when I first cleared it after spending Months (Yes months) on the final boss. I was so happy that it finally clicked I went straight back in for a score run. I got it. It took me 5 hours and a pathetic score of 300 odd. I've now completed it approx. 15 times taking under an hour and a half clocking up scores of 400k plus and so damn close to getting a flawless run. Weapon drops are getting better i've 2 daggers and 2 axes all sharpened plus infused and precise ones and feel I fully earned them. The OP is right to encourage others as I was encouraged and given advice and now am passing it on to other members of my guild who were borderline giving up.
    To me it has nothing to do with gear it is about learning it. Then learn it some more. Some rounds are now that easy as I know where everything will be it's crazy that just 2 weeks ago I was pulling my hair out as I'd given up yet again after hours on a single part.
    Learn your class and learn the arena and it will be completed and no matter how good you get at it anyone clearing it deserves a well done when they finally do it.
    @inked1 well done mate I actually felt your joy reading your post I was exactly the same and also an older player so your post struck home. Keep feeding the VMA addiction
    Binyar-Tun Argonian DK Tank Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Hist Shadow
    Ra' Zanir - Kajiit Mag NB DPS Aldmeri Dominion. CP610
    Quasan Al Hallin - Redguard Stam Sorc DPS Daggerfall Covenant. CP610 Stormproof
    Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule
    Guildmaster - Unexpected Heroes
    Member - Venom - Morrowind Academy - Tamriel BaseCamp

• Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's good that you kept going.

Newbies forget that most of us completed vMA on release few months after release to be exact.

We also didn't have save points.
    We didn't have extra CP
    We didn't have the buffs and changes to certain characters

It's good to see that people are still putting their heads down learning the arena, taking time and most importantly having fun obtaining further skills as a player and applying personal strats or even executing strats found else where.

It's still refreshing to see posts like these especially with 90% of vMA threads are QQ whyyyy so hard... WHYYYYY

Good job.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree with OP.

Here is the truth:

Not necessarily, I find vMA much easier on both my stam sorc and magplar, which happen to be the only other classes I've beaten vMA with. So out of the three characters I've beaten vMA with, mag sorc is the most difficult for me. Comfort and knowledge of a class is very important.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    So yes you can do it!

That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind (c).
    That's not about maelstrom.
    U've spent a huge amount of life for crap unfair roulette.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • iMuz86
    iMuz86
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats on completing it!

It's my first time doing VMA - I'm struggling with Round 6 at the moment, I'm playing on a Stam DK. I've thought about giving up many, many times now - but hopefully I'll get through it soon. I spent the last six months changing my play style and gear to prepare me for VMA, I was never confident enough to attempt it given how hard I was told it was, but I had a crack and I'm just doing my best - so unforgiving though. Hopefully I'll get it done soon too!
  • inked1
    inked1
    ✭✭✭
    @iMuz86 if you can get past round five then you can complete the entire thing! Round five still gives me fits. So you are well on your way. Just stay calm, learn what needs to be done and keep going until you pass it.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, thanks for the post.

What did you get?
  • inked1
    inked1
    ✭✭✭
    @firedrgn
    1. Frost staff precise
    2. Bow nirnhoned
    3. Great sword nirnhoned
    4. Great sword nirnhoned
    5. Bow infused
    6. Lightning staff charged
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might go back and give it another go.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats OP!
    I wish there were more people like you in this game. :)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • PokeMaule
    PokeMaule
    ✭✭
    @iMuz86 as already stated you have got past round 5 which is a lot of peoples downfall so good going so far. I've completed it on a stam DK too and it is one of the harder classes imo to complete it on. That said it can and will be done for you. Bit of advice for that round and as only going for the clear and not a score. Veil of blades and vigor are your friends and NEVER stop moving this will help keep you out of the lightening. Swap to bow bar and dodge roll if you have the speed bonus passive unlocked to outrun the spiders.
    Also use the sigils. Grab all of them every round. Speed 1st and try and save defence and damage for bosses or elites.
    Most important thing on that round though is playing the mechanics. Bow attack the Hoavors and lead them where you want. Spiders covering totems are priority kills along with archers. Most other enemies can be outrun and kited about if needs be. Also if still struggling go for corrosive/hardened armour Ultimate pop that bad boy and you are pretty much unkillable for 10 seconds giving you time to take out a few enemies.
    Keep at it and do drop an update of how you are getting on and hopefully a clear.
    Binyar-Tun Argonian DK Tank Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Hist Shadow
    Ra' Zanir - Kajiit Mag NB DPS Aldmeri Dominion. CP610
    Quasan Al Hallin - Redguard Stam Sorc DPS Daggerfall Covenant. CP610 Stormproof
    Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule
    Guildmaster - Unexpected Heroes
    Member - Venom - Morrowind Academy - Tamriel BaseCamp

• Niuby
    Niuby
    HaHaHa congrats OP, I am in the similar boat, busy job, only could play at night 2-3 hours max and some weekends , 6+ years on WoW told me that how important the real life is =.=. Lucky I don't have the kid, yet (but he is coming XD)
    Just after seeing so many ppl are encouraging other players to finish the vMA, I am thinking...maybe I could give my 2c as a surrender XD

I am a stam sorc, at the last stage, vo+tfs+veli all golden except the bow, the only thing I need from vMA....but I am like 80% giving up vMA, for many reasons
    1. time vs fun vs rewards: I know if I die for hundreds times and forced my brain to memorized every details in vMA, I could get it done, sooner or later. But it is just I could not call it fun, and compare the time I need to spend on it, and the what it will bring after completing it, nothing but a fairly low chance to get an end-game weapon that couldn't even get me to compete with mag class? not worth at all~ so this is 30%

2. bugs and lags: TBH I "beep" hate the dps mechanism in this game, animation cancellation on a MMO that with the only server located in USA? Do you know how many times I died for the skill stuck, wrong targeting (dont lol, lag spike did happen XD), unable/delayed when swapping weapon (Oo moment), no combination keys (habit as WoWer =.=) and CTOD in the fight (WTF moment)? Oooohhhh and the "you are busy" when you were trying to drink that "save my life" potion....I wouldn't call those challenges or fun (it did make me laugh while crying)~ simply a torturing game mechanism... it is another 30%

3. unbalanced class skills and over killed nerfing: everyone knows stam class = hard-mode (no! stam sorc is not that easy trust me, every class will become easy after your brain memorize every encounter, like the ice island, need to remember when and where the range mob will show, and then it is pretty ez...), and even my guild don't want the stam class in its vTrial XD, but it didn't stop me to love my stam melee class,. However with or without vMA weapon, I couldn't compete with those mag sorc or pet nuker or fire nerd...and with the newly applied nerf on resource (BTW have anyone feel the VO set got nerfed silently?), you want dpser to add heavy attack in the rotation? WT"beep"!!! Just maybe with all those odds, I dont think it is a good time to continue my vMA, it is 20%

Still respect those who could finished the vMA XD. But just saying I have tried it, know its mechanism and know how to get through it. However after considered the time and effort I have to put in and facing so many odds on gambling an end-game gear? And the fun I will get after finishing the vMA? Simply not worth to me.

So for now, maybe I will just finish the morrowind story-line (500+s lag make pvp is not my thing anymore...), wait till my membership ended then jump to another game have more fun...oh maybe give vMA another try next weekend..or maybe wait till they lower the risks index =.=
    so for me, 80% giving up on vMA and the game I think..no more fun = no more game
    Sometimes it takes courage to quit~
    just my 2c~
    p.s. Eng is not my native language so pls bear with me~
    Edited by Niuby on June 2, 2017 3:57PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't completely given up. I've 2 toons stuck on last level since before double drop thing. I can burn through the level in about 15 minutes then fizzle out on Solkyn Voriak for the next hour.
    Then leave trying shake off the frustration. I've been at it for awhile and can't let it get me down anymore.

I've seen Lukums1, Joy, Alcast, whatever tons of videos....it just not work for me.

Very few times where I made it down from crystal phase I got soooo close.

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I haven't completely given up. I've 2 toons stuck on last level since before double drop thing. I can burn through the level in about 15 minutes then fizzle out on Solkyn Voriak for the next hour.
    Then leave trying shake off the frustration. I've been at it for awhile and can't let it get me down anymore.

I've seen Lukums1, Joy, Alcast, whatever tons of videos....it just not work for me.

Which classes do you have to last boss?

@kylewwefan
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    I disagree with OP.

Here is the truth:

Not necessarily, I find vMA much easier on both my stam sorc and magplar, which happen to be the only other classes I've beaten vMA with. So out of the three characters I've beaten vMA with, mag sorc is the most difficult for me. Comfort and knowledge of a class is very important.

I agree 5VO and crit surge on a stam sorc is automatic murder train.
    The Flyers
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@kylewwefan

MagSorc petbuild Necro/Illambris/Moon/Aether

StamBlade VO/TFS/NMG/TBS/Kraghs/Veli/Spriggans. Many different gear options. Really makes not much difference. VO and something basically.

• the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished VMA last night for the first time ever! Got an amazing drop I actually cannot believe it... Sharpened Maelstrom Maul... Exactly what I needed.

That being said, VMA is so horrific and I shutter to think what it will be like on console Post Morrowind.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@kylewwefan

MagSorc petbuild Necro/Illambris/Moon/Aether

StamBlade VO/TFS/NMG/TBS/Kraghs/Veli/Spriggans. Many different gear options. Really makes not much difference. VO and something basically.

Ok, so what I do is prep the last boss with ground DoTs and buffs and as he spawns drop destro ult or bow ult then finish off your rotation. This drops him to 70% usually before he teleports so no crem guard. If you can't that's fine, you can just grab the healing sigil to ensure you don't have troubles with the crem guard, but don't get to aggressive and try to rotate around his fire breath.

If you're having troubles upstairs don't hesitate to drop down before you're overwhelmed by the DoT. If your DPS is good you shouldn't have trouble as long as you don't panic and keep one eye open for the skull attacks.

When you drop down for the third phase I'd grab the defense sigil and do not interrupt him. Let his channeled attack reflect back to him while you grab the speed sigil (making it easier to get ghosts) and the power sigil. After you've grabbed the defensive sigil and while collecting the others throw some DoTs on the boss if you feel comfortable doing so. If you get the first three ghosts you'll be able to stun the boss as the crem guard is spawning. It's up to you whether you just go for the burn on the boss or play it safe and take out the summoner and crem guard. If you know you aren't going to kill the boss before the stun is up then don't go for the burn. Also be aware of your resources, I don't know how many times I died on this boss because I was spamming skills and not minding my resources.

If you want more specific advice let me know what exactly is causing you the most trouble either here or contact me in game. You can find me on the Aedra roster, PSN- BawKinTackWarDs. I probably won't be on a whole lot this weekend until Sunday, but you can friend request me and I'll try and answer/help the best I can. Good Luck!

@kylewwefan
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• iMuz86
    iMuz86
    ✭✭✭
    @iMuz86 if you can get past round five then you can complete the entire thing! Round five still gives me fits. So you are well on your way. Just stay calm, learn what needs to be done and keep going until you pass it.

I got to Round 9 last night! Almost there!