The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Magplar Healers: Purifying Light vs Power of the Light?

Illurian
Illurian
✭✭✭✭✭
In regards to the morphs for Backlash, what should magplar healers be using?

As a magplar healer main myself, I've always morphed into Purifying Light due to it being magicka based. What does the copied damage cap from Power of the Light scale with? I had assumed that it was stamina due to the stamina cost, but I'm not so sure anymore.
Edited by Illurian on May 19, 2017 9:32AM
Kiss the chaos.

Magplar Healers: Purifying Light vs Power of the Light? 35 votes

Puryfing Light
51%
Joy_DivisionLightspeedflashb14_ESOSnapdrakondrogon1hamgatanDystopia2020KatinasXvorgskipsargArbitratorDread_GuySiliziumdioxidAAbrigorocket9klucas520TaunkyHalcyon_bluegui3344 18 votes
Power of the Light
48%
WardogAcelolo_01b16_ESOsollIyasNiclasFridholmAionnaLiofaQbikensevomd69Bejer_BedaPK44hr4bn4zmertustaac_starferlinhuskymoleculardrugsSuxev 17 votes
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Power of the Light
    It is not about damage or healing . It is about debuffing boss with Minor Fracture and Minor Breach . Those 2 are very rare debuffs and Power Of The Light applies both with one button .
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only profit of PoL - minor resits debuff, if we're talking of trials usually group has overpenetration and so that debuffs can be useless. And vice versa if your group has not full 18k armor negate then PoL is the best choise (of cause if you have no stamplar in group who will definitelly have PoL).
    Edited by Stannum on May 19, 2017 10:14AM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Power of the Light
    Pots scales with stamina and does about 6k damage on a healer.
    But in good groups the resistance debuff is worth more than the extra damage you get from purifying light. It increases group dps by slightly over 2% which is more than the damage you can do with purifying light.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    It is not about damage or healing . It is about debuffing boss with Minor Fracture and Minor Breach . Those 2 are very rare debuffs and Power Of The Light applies both with one button .

Yes but those debuffs ultimately boil down to damage.

But in good groups the resistance debuff is worth more than the extra damage you get from purifying light. It increases group dps by slightly over 2% which is more than the damage you can do with purifying light.

See, I was wondering about this. For trials, I agree as there are so many more dps characters, as long as they aren't over-penetrating already.

However, for 4 man dungeons, even if each dd does 30k dps (not typical for PUGs or the group of friends I run with), 2% of that dps, per dd is 600 dps. That's 1.2k dps for both dds. Adding the copied 6k damage on top of that (6k over 6 secs = 1k dps) gives you 2.2k dps total, sans the initial damage from the cast of PotL.

Considering copied damage cap is hit, my PL hits for 23.5-25k, depending on whether Warhorn is up or not. For the sake of simplicity I'll take 23.5k. 23.5k over 6 secs = 3.9k dps. Even without the initial hit (which will hit harder due to magicka scaling), PL would provide nearly twice the dps that PotL would. On top of that, it adds an AoE HoT.

For 4 man content, wouldn't PL always be a better option, then?
    Edited by Illurian on May 19, 2017 10:34AM
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »

See, I was wondering about this. For trials, I agree as there are so many more dps characters, as long as they aren't over-penetrating already.

However, for 4 man dungeons, even if each dd does 30k dps (not typical for PUGs or the group of friends I run with), 2% of that dps, per dd is 600 dps. That's 1.2k dps for both dds. Adding the copied 6k damage on top of that (6k over 6 secs = 1k dps) gives you 2.2k dps total, sans the initial damage from the cast of PotL.

Considering copied damage cap is hit, my PL hits for 23.5-25k, depending on whether Warhorn is up or not. For the sake of simplicity I'll take 23.5k. 23.5k over 6 secs = 3.9k dps. Even without the initial hit (which will hit harder due to magicka scaling), PL would provide nearly twice the dps that PotL would. On top of that, it adds an AoE HoT.

Yes, your math is on point. Only in trials will the 2.5% surpass the damage done
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Walties99
    Walties99
    ✭✭✭
    Neither, run a breach poison on both bars and use lightning wall.
    Front bar: Breath, Combat Prayer, springs, quick siphon (100% uptime on SPC, which has more downtime than you'd think), magelight.
    Backbar: Lightning wall, rune focus, ritual, e drain, orbs.

If you are the only player in your group running lightning wall, it's much more important to keep lightning wall applied for the off balance. If multiple people are running lightning wall, your poisons will still keep 100% uptime from just the wall. If you want something there to build ultimate, I'd go purifying light because you don't need fracture.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »

Yes, your math is on point. Only in trials will the 2.5% surpass the damage done

Yup. 25k damage / .02 = 1.25 million/4 people = 312500 / 6 seconds = 52000 damage per second in order for the 2% increase to be better than the 25k damage.

In a raid it would be 12 people so only 17k damage per person, which everyone will hit easily. So assuming your are not over-penetrating then PotL becomes better in that case. That's a big assumption though. And you shouldn't just ignore the healing from PL either.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Puryfing Light
    Walties99 wrote: »
    Neither, run a breach poison on both bars and use lightning wall.
    Front bar: Breath, Combat Prayer, springs, quick siphon (100% uptime on SPC, which has more downtime than you'd think), magelight.
    Backbar: Lightning wall, rune focus, ritual, e drain, orbs.

If you are the only player in your group running lightning wall, it's much more important to keep lightning wall applied for the off balance. If multiple people are running lightning wall, your poisons will still keep 100% uptime from just the wall. If you want something there to build ultimate, I'd go purifying light because you don't need fracture.

DPS run WoE on trials... ideally sorcs.

Poison escalate on thaum and mighty which is subpar. Better use a crushing glyph backbar for debuff or a sustain glyph on both bars.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies everyone!
    Kiss the chaos.
  • c_star
    c_star
    Soul Shriven
    Power of the Light
    Power of the light if you're healing trials .. dungeons doesn't really matter .. take your pick :)