The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Question about upcoming Sorc nerfs

OldGamerESO
OldGamerESO
✭✭✭
ZOS said they would be applied after the next patch, but i can't find any information on what they will be? Is there a place I could look? Sorc is my fav character for solo stuff and I do run a pet heavy build. It seems that everyone on the forums want them hit hard with the nerf stick, i seem some posts calling for a 25 percent decrease to scamp aoe dmg, removal of shield stacking, ability to crit shields (for PvP i guess), increased resource costs, removal of dark exchange,etc. I have started adjusting gear and CP to simulate big nerfs, but I would like more info.

Its sad there is so much hate on the class, after a year of playing I have found sneaky nightblade and magicka sorc to be the most fun to play. I don't care about trials and PvP personally. But every post ZOS person does is followed by 50 complaints about sorcs, so I assume people just really hate them.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, lots of PVPers hate the Sorcs. Players should stop calling for everything to be nerfed and tell ZOS to give us our toon's abilities back. ZOS may end up losing a major portion of their player base with all these nerfs going on.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know the number but familiar will do less damage, I believe this was stated on the most recent ESO live.

Frag will do only 10% more damage when procced

Overall sustain nerfs

Longer cast time on Dark Conversion I believe

That's all I can remember
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go sorc or go cry !
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    Scamp reduced damage, dark deal takes longer frag weaker...

They like worked so hard to make pets viable now they're like "nope, 60k dps is too much but the stam warden can do 70k because he has pets but your pets need to be doubled slotted since they are so strong but we will need them anyways did you preorder the warden? The pets only need to be on one bar and are stronger! Also crystal frags is now weaker since your pet hit hard"

Like....just make curse only give 45% damage buff to pet problem solved.

Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol that 0.2 second nerf, if zos didn't tell you no one would have ever noticed.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol that 0.2 second nerf, if zos didn't tell you no one would have ever noticed.

Dark Exchange: This ability and its morphs now have 0.2 seconds of animation blending time at the end of their cast.

From 3.0.3
    Dark Exchange: Increased the cast time of this ability and its morphs to 1.2 seconds from 1 second.
    Developer Comments:
    Adding an additional .2 seconds to the cast time of these abilities reduces the amount of resources they can generate when cast quickly in succession, and grants enemies more time to interrupt them.

Duh, from beginning of d/e to being able to use next ability is 1.4s now.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dark Exchange: This ability and its morphs now have 0.2 seconds of animation blending time at the end of their cast.

From 3.0.3
    Dark Exchange: Increased the cast time of this ability and its morphs to 1.2 seconds from 1 second.
    Developer Comments:
    Adding an additional .2 seconds to the cast time of these abilities reduces the amount of resources they can generate when cast quickly in succession, and grants enemies more time to interrupt them.

Call me when other classes can combine both pools.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From 3.0.3
    Developer Comments:

Rally + Symmetry is a round about way for any class, or any burst heal after 4 sec that costs Stam, or Sentinel
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

From 3.0.3
    Developer Comments:

Call me when you stay on topic.
  • Reckquiem
    Reckquiem
    ✭✭

From 3.0.3
    Developer Comments:

Still with this nerf, Crystal Frags and the scamp aoe they are minor nerfs. Why do people think this is super game changing and sorc is now unplayable?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scamp nerf (aoe damage down of 20%?)and frag nerf (25% more damage down to 10%) seems fair and enough:-)

Pet sorc were too strong they are now in a more regular place, they are still playable and enjoyable dont worry

Enough nerfs though.

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reckquiem wrote: »

Still with this nerf, Crystal Frags and the scamp aoe they are minor nerfs. Why do people think this is super game changing and sorc is now unplayable?

Necroed a post from before the patch that already nerfed it?
    People always argue about things to keep them as is, even if it could be a positive change. They must have already accepted it because I'm not seeing a lot of posts about it.

This thread was mostly complaining about the nerfs before they knew what they were so we can let this post fade away.
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

From 3.0.3
    Developer Comments:

Because a lot of sorcs here lost their sense of realism a long time ago. It's not their fault ZOS kept this class in a more or less ridiculous state since release and with wrobel as their protector there won't be anything major done.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

From 3.0.3
    Developer Comments:

Because a lot of sorcs here lost their sense of realism a long time ago. It's not their fault ZOS kept this class in a more or less ridiculous state since release and with wrobel as their protector there won't be anything major done.

That answer is so stupid that it hurts. For the better part of the last year no mag class was near stam toons in PvP. Also:

10% less bonus damage on Frags
    20% less AoE damage on Familiar's Pulse
    40% longer till you can use another skill after dark exchange
    Pirate Skeleton doesn't proc on shields anymore
    Loss of cost reduction across the board makes triple shield stacking cost more than 12K magicka.

Please show me where the sorc core playerbase screamed about the class being unplayable now? This more reeks like you want to get of some steam.

Edit: Ah, just read some of your previous sorc related posts. I see that this is your deares opinion that it's Wrobel's crusade to have sorcs on top. No point to argue here, you will just post the same thing again and again.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on June 6, 2017 8:37AM
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    That answer is so stupid that it hurts. That answer is so stupid that it hurts. For the better part of the last year no mag class was near stam toons in PvP.

@Chilly-McFreeze

That answer is so stupid that it hurts. For the better part of the last year no stam class was near magicka toons in PvE. Out of the magicka toons no class was anywhere close to sorcerer.

THAT SAID!

Right now magicka is quite balanced for PvE - stamina still in the gutter though, too many encounters punish meleee range too hard.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duh, that's why I ended the sentence with "in PvP". You see in which direction my argument was heading? But feel free to change that to suit your own argument. So, if even the "best" mag class (read: mag sorc) could barely compete with stam in PvP then, they couldn't be so overpowered there, he? When did that change? With the introduction to the 8% damage bonus from destruction staff passivs (not from sorc passives). Haunting curse didn't made sorcs OP.

But I agree, mag Sorcs were/are on the top in PvE. How did we get these enourmous dps parses? When ZOS fixed a bug that deadric prey didn't affected familiars pulse. +55% on that is huge.

Point is, Sorcs recieved nerfs. I listed some of them - to claim there wasn't any nerfs is bollocks. And it's blatantly biased to play the ol' "Wrobel's pet project" card, isn't it? But the same argument was made from mag classes when stamina was dominating PvP last year. Easiest thing to back up the own argument, right?

Also, did you even read "Please show me where the sorc core playerbase screamed about the class being unplayable now?" I doubt that there was a huge outcry from Sorcs that they are unplayable now. Or did you jumped that part to get off your witty comment even faster?

Edit: Before you ask why I argument about how things were last year, bc of his sentence ".. ZOS kept this class in a more or less ridiculous state since release"
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on June 6, 2017 11:53AM