Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is CP ?

vpy
vpy
✭✭✭✭
A newbie question .

Once I saw a video of someone leveling an alt from level 1 and I was told that the person (YouTube streamer) already has 600 CP and his leveling will be way faster than I am.

It comes back again to CP and how does it affect the alts and leveling ?

Can someone let me know ?
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP are points you spent to unlock passives that increase your stats. CP are earned with experience. Once you reach lvl 50 on first character then you can start earning them.

Also if your account already have X cp they can all be used on any newly created character.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Champion Points

After getting to level 50 you'll start getting champion points as an alternate mode of leveling. While you can obtain something like 3200 of them as of right now you can only use 600 of them. Every patch this goes up a bit. It'll be 630 soon.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Champion

Once you have one character with lvl 50 you start earning those and each character of yours gets the same amount of points. So you can distribute them even on a lvl 1 character.
    Edited by Rouven on May 18, 2017 8:52PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, once you have CP you can use them on any character. So, a level 1 is really a level 1 when you buy the game.

If I were to start a new character, he would essentially be a level 601 since I can use my 600 CP.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also note they appear to be phasing CP out of the game.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zvorgin wrote: »
    Also note they appear to be phasing CP out of the game.

No they are not, they are front loading them so people can see more benefit from them earlier
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Champion Points

After getting to level 50 you'll start getting champion points as an alternate mode of leveling. While you can obtain something like 3200 of them as of right now you can only use 600 of them. Every patch this goes up a bit. It'll be 630 soon.

Isn't the max 3.600 (saw that on the morrowind warden stream)

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some more thorough info:

Champion points can be thought of as "mini levels" you earn after reaching level fifty. Each CP allows you to spend a Point in the tree, which are tiny character adjustments that fine tune a character. But they add up over time and are a massive buff when they accumulate.

The points are allocated into three sections (blue, green and red) sequentially. You'll earn a blue pount, then a red, then a green, then blue again. Each section has three lines (i.e., there are three green lines). Each line (you just knew this was going to get more complex, right?) has four passives you may spend points in. Each line also has four passives you unlock based on spending a total of 10, 30, 75 or 120 points in that tree. For example, if I spend 100 of my green points in the middle green line, I also unlock the 10, 30 and 75 point passives in that line and get all three of those buffs.

Any vet character earns CPs by earning XP. That's it. Kill things, do quests.

CPs in their individual lines have "diminishing returns". For example, Mighty is a CP line that increases physical damage. The first point I spend increased my physical damage by 1%. The second increases it by 0.6%, for a total of 1.6%. The 50th point increases it by 0.1%...with a total like 14% increased damage.

CPs are account bound...all of your characters, whether vet or not, have access to the same pool. If your vet has 300 CPs and you roll a level 3 off the boat, they immediately have 300 points to spend in their own tree. That's why you might see lower level toon outperforming yours - my level 20s have 600 CPs spent, which makes them 1000% stronger than my first level 20 was.

Because of the CP grind, this is why some players like to fast grind Alts to vet before playing them much. For example, if I had 100 CPs and rolled a new sorc, I might give him psijic and run him in the crazy Alikr dolmen Zerg to get him very quickly to level 50. At this point any XP he earns starts going toward CPs...none did before he was a vet. So then if I go play him more slowly through quests, delves, dungeons, etc, all of that play would help me earn CPs.

As you probably guessed, your first character will have to grind up that initial CP1-160 range, and will probably need a couple of gear sets to survive before they get to CP160 and can wear best in game gear. But once you're cp160+, and new vet character you create steps into level 50 able to instantly use best in game gear. So like I have a gold c150 Hundings Rage set I don't use much...any stam toon I bring to vet can instantly take this "hand me down."

CPs are earned on an algorithm where earlier CPs are "cheaper". Cp 1 takes about 30,000 xp to earn. Cp 600 takes about 900,000. ZOS adjusts these numbers, usually at major patches.

Once per day, after you have at least one vet toon your account will get a dose of "enlightenment." It's complicated, but this gives you about 400,000 xp at 4x the normal rate. Under enlightenment, a quest normally worth 10,000 xp becomes worth 40,000. Your character sheet on any vet will have an enlightenment meter. You can "bank" up to 12 days enlightenment (about 4.2 million xp). Only vet toons can spend enlightenment, but you can use multiple vets to drain the same pool. This system is designed to help newer players catch up with Champion Points. Using only daily enlightenment, it takes about 27 days to reach CP160, versus 108 days without enlightenment in the same amount of play.

Enlightenment is designed to help you earn CPs, but it is also really useful for leveling any xp-driven skill line (like class skills) or ability. Once you're a vet, use your enlightenment to catch things up really fast. If your bow is behind at level 35, turn in quests with a bow equipped and abilities on the bar. The super charged xp will help out everything on the bar.

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Champion Points

Could be. I was going off my concussion addled memory.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Champion Points

Could be. I was going off my concussion addled memory.

It is, and you should stop taking the rng so hard ;)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • wookikiller95
    wookikiller95
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Some more thorough info:

Champion points can be thought of as "mini levels" you earn after reaching level fifty. Each CP allows you to spend a Point in the tree, which are tiny character adjustments that fine tune a character. But they add up over time and are a massive buff when they accumulate.

The points are allocated into three sections (blue, green and red) sequentially. You'll earn a blue pount, then a red, then a green, then blue again. Each section has three lines (i.e., there are three green lines). Each line (you just knew this was going to get more complex, right?) has four passives you may spend points in. Each line also has four passives you unlock based on spending a total of 10, 30, 75 or 120 points in that tree. For example, if I spend 100 of my green points in the middle green line, I also unlock the 10, 30 and 75 point passives in that line and get all three of those buffs.

Any vet character earns CPs by earning XP. That's it. Kill things, do quests.

CPs in their individual lines have "diminishing returns". For example, Mighty is a CP line that increases physical damage. The first point I spend increased my physical damage by 1%. The second increases it by 0.6%, for a total of 1.6%. The 50th point increases it by 0.1%...with a total like 14% increased damage.

CPs are account bound...all of your characters, whether vet or not, have access to the same pool. If your vet has 300 CPs and you roll a level 3 off the boat, they immediately have 300 points to spend in their own tree. That's why you might see lower level toon outperforming yours - my level 20s have 600 CPs spent, which makes them 1000% stronger than my first level 20 was.

Because of the CP grind, this is why some players like to fast grind Alts to vet before playing them much. For example, if I had 100 CPs and rolled a new sorc, I might give him psijic and run him in the crazy Alikr dolmen Zerg to get him very quickly to level 50. At this point any XP he earns starts going toward CPs...none did before he was a vet. So then if I go play him more slowly through quests, delves, dungeons, etc, all of that play would help me earn CPs.

As you probably guessed, your first character will have to grind up that initial CP1-160 range, and will probably need a couple of gear sets to survive before they get to CP160 and can wear best in game gear. But once you're cp160+, and new vet character you create steps into level 50 able to instantly use best in game gear. So like I have a gold c150 Hundings Rage set I don't use much...any stam toon I bring to vet can instantly take this "hand me down."

CPs are earned on an algorithm where earlier CPs are "cheaper". Cp 1 takes about 30,000 xp to earn. Cp 600 takes about 900,000. ZOS adjusts these numbers, usually at major patches.

Once per day, after you have at least one vet toon your account will get a dose of "enlightenment." It's complicated, but this gives you about 400,000 xp at 4x the normal rate. Under enlightenment, a quest normally worth 10,000 xp becomes worth 40,000. Your character sheet on any vet will have an enlightenment meter. You can "bank" up to 12 days enlightenment (about 4.2 million xp). Only vet toons can spend enlightenment, but you can use multiple vets to drain the same pool. This system is designed to help newer players catch up with Champion Points. Using only daily enlightenment, it takes about 27 days to reach CP160, versus 108 days without enlightenment in the same amount of play.

Enlightenment is designed to help you earn CPs, but it is also really useful for leveling any xp-driven skill line (like class skills) or ability. Once you're a vet, use your enlightenment to catch things up really fast. If your bow is behind at level 35, turn in quests with a bow equipped and abilities on the bar. The super charged xp will help out everything on the bar.

Thx for sharing your Information