The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How to move ESO from one hard drive to another through steam

Horashio
Horashio
Soul Shriven
As the title stated I'd like to move my ESO game to another drive... Usually steam gives the option to move a game in between drives, but for ESO there's no such option. Does anyone know which file I need to move in order for it to be fully functional?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to move the entire folder Zenimax Online folder to the other drive. (This contains the game files).

You'll also have to move the steamApp link to a corresponding folder on the other drive, so it shows in your steam list.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • NeverSunset
    NeverSunset
    Soul Shriven
    Before you do anything else, make sure you have ESO Uninstalled in steam and make sure you're logged out and Steam is closed.

1. Just copy and paste Zenimax Online folder inside "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common"
    2. After you're done copying, copy "appmanifest_306130.acf" inside steamapps folder, it will tell steam that the files are already there and no need to redownload/verifying it.
    3. Before you can play though, it's safe to do what I usually do as follow:
    -Install both vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86 inside "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010"
    -Then install vcredist_x64_2015 and vcredist_x86_2015 inside "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\Launcher"

Make sure you followed all of these steps, and DO NOT VERIFY files on steam, because steam will only download the base game without Patch and so on, and verifying patched game will make steam thinks the game is broken and it will attempt to redownload the game again.

Enjoy :)
  • Ajaxcat
    Ajaxcat
    ✭✭
    I'd like to move my game (also steam) from one drive to a faster one. I'm a little unclear on steps 2 & 3 though in the above post which is pretty old now. Can anyone advise?