Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Absorb Magicka vs Weapon Damage

MagnusBlackmane
MagnusBlackmane
✭✭✭
Help me understand something here, lately I'm experimenting a bit more and I don't have a full rotation worked out, so I'm kind of short on data.
But as far as my experience goes, the damage part of glyph of Absorb Magicka is a separate tick activated upon attack, yeah? The Weapon Damage glyph is a flat 5s damage boost after attack and seems at a first glance better in terms of overall damage output.
Now then, considering light/heavy attack waving, how consistently can the Absorb Magicka be triggered and can it match the general dmg boost of Weapon Damage glyph? Also internal cool downs? The extra magicka recovery is a bit too nice to pass up on it...
"You're trying too hard... do it at 80%, never 100%. Relax." - My sensei.
--==--==--==--
Server: EU PC
Dracart - AD Khajiit, Currently Stamina Nightblade
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The enchant has a cooldown of 5 seconds if I remember correctly.
    The enchant share the same cooldown of other enchants of a damage type, like fire, shock, poison, disease dmg etc.
    For most dps in pve, the increase wpn and spell dmg enchant on weapon is the strongest one, which btw is not the same enchant type as the one you ask about. I know some use the fire enchant for more burning spellweave uptime.

I tested the glyph of absorb magicka on pts. If I remember correctly, minor magickasteal gave me twice as much magicka sustain. Im sure its a good enchant, but I think the damage gap between the increase spell dmg one and this, is too high to ignore atm.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it not better to use the poison "magicka drain" ;) ?
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a meager bonus, at best. You're never going to count on this enchant to sustain you.

As has already been mentioned, there are other glyphs that will be better suited to most fights, whether damage increase or glyphs to proc status effects (burning/concussion).
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since it's also a question about enchantments I may add this here: does prismatic onslaught also proc on WW players in human form or only on vampire players?
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absorb Magicka enchant cooldown - 5 sec
    Weapon Damage enchant cooldown- 10 sec
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since it's also a question about enchantments I may add this here: does prismatic onslaught also proc on WW players in human form or only on vampire players?

Doesn't that just do irresistible damage now? So unmitigated damage. Therefore does the same damage to anyone. Vamp, ww, human, heavy armor, shielded...
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it cant proc on people who are not in WW form.
    Options