The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Warden and his bear

Sixsixsix161
Sixsixsix161
✭✭✭
Due to medical reasons, I primarily play ranged characters, preferably with a pet to tank for him/her. Hence, my main is a magsorc with the clanfear tanking.

Is the control that the Warden will have over his/her bear similar, or the same, as my magsorc has over the clanfear. I'm talking about pressing the Y-key and left click on the enemy and the minion runs to attack and get agro and tank for me?

Thanks.

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy attacking a target will make pets change targets to the target heavy attacked with the next update. This includes the Sorcs pets and the Wardens bear.
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy attacking a target will make pets change targets to the target heavy attacked with the next update. This includes the Sorcs pets and the Wardens bear.

Thanks for the info.

So, if I'm reading this right, when I get into a fight with multiple enemies, my pet is going to run around and not doing much of anything because with groups I have to kite and go back and forth at the enemies nearest me. That means heavy attacks are constantly switching from one to another.

For example, if I'm faced with a group of two melee/fighters and one mage, I put my pet on the mage, then I start on the two melee, who now are running toward me. So now the heavy attack switches between those two and my pet drops the mage and comes toward the melee characters. That now leaves the mage open to start attacking me. This scenario is not good because for some time I will now have to start attacking 3 characters again instead of just two (and then the mage at the end if my pet hasn't killed him by then).

That should be interesting.