The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stuck in an "Error 303 - PatchError_UnzipFail", Repair, "ABORT: Invalid Memory Size (0)" loop

• ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    Having this issue too after trying to reinstall ESO to fix some other issues I was having with the game...now the game won't even install, lol.

if you have good skill in english (or native speaker) , may be it's a good idea to warn everyone on general topics to not reinstall the game from now ?? thx.
  • SlarioJaegerjaquez
    SlarioJaegerjaquez
    Soul Shriven
    ragus999 wrote: »
    if the studio is in rockville or anywhere in usa it 's only morning there...
    i hope we have an answer/information in few hours now...

This issue was there yesterday. And they had a full day for it.

But yeah, ZOS ain't Blizzard, and even if people *** about Blizzard, their support is 10 times better than ZOS. You have no freaking alternative getting the files.
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    if the studio is in rockville or anywhere in usa it 's only morning there...
    i hope we have an answer/information in few hours now...

This issue was there yesterday. And they had a full day for it.

But yeah, ZOS ain't Blizzard, and even if people *** about Blizzard, their support is 10 times better than ZOS. You have no freaking alternative getting the files.

i don't like Blizzard design (seems childish for my pov) but every friends who played their games said the support and game was great. ^^ so i will don't say the contrary.

so,may be i'm too good with Zenimax. ^^
  • SlarioJaegerjaquez
    SlarioJaegerjaquez
    Soul Shriven
    In favor of customer support. Zenimax is ***. No Hotline, not enough people to look in the forums. And the ticket system is just completely overloaded.

If Blizzard had corrupted installation files, they would fix it in 24 hours. You can call them, you can open tickets, or email them. Or just spam the forums and they will see it.

But Zenimax? pff..No facebook, twitter doesn't react. Support is slow, and the best is. There is no support on the german Forum at all.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just letting you know we're looking into this and will let you know if we need any additional information.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Bravesteel
    Hey guys, just letting you know we're looking into this and will let you know if we need any additional information.

Thanks for the update, ZOS_GinaBruno, hopefully this can get resolved quickly!
  • Snowywons
    Snowywons
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here
  • ShalenSmith
    ShalenSmith
    Soul Shriven
    Just tried to reinstall this morning, same issue here.. Good luck figuring out the fix! :smile:
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    Thx for the update ZOS. We are waiting for the fix. :-)
  • Kaanha
    Kaanha
    Soul Shriven

Thanks a lot. I've attempted to install the game about 10 times now, 28GB each time and I'm really eager to play with my wife and give the game a try again (I haven't tried it since beta!).

I'll await your update!
  • Kaanha
    Kaanha
    Soul Shriven
    I doubt it's useful but here's my system information, in advance....just in case it can help. Let me know and I'll supply any further information needed...

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/dd5eaabf-2f9e-4016-b16c-20f6a756e149
  • rakista_ESO
    Just tried, still 28 gig loop problem.
  • SlarioJaegerjaquez
    SlarioJaegerjaquez
    Soul Shriven
    The German support just gives out generic answers and doesn't acknowledge the fact that it is a problem with their data. *** genius.

Stupidest Support ever.
  • Kaanha
    Kaanha
    Soul Shriven

Yep, I just tried again as well and I'm still getting the same issue, it's wanting to download only 28GB of the game. I've deleted the depot files and attempted to restart to only be presented with the same problem.

Back to waiting...for a game I just literally bought yesterday....Yay for progress!

In all fairness I know MMO's have issues, but this is totally game breaking...and after so long...you'd think ZOS would have their ducks in a relative row to stop such major game ending bugs. Or at least show more eagerness to get it fixed.
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kaanha wrote: »

Yep, I just tried again as well and I'm still getting the same issue, it's wanting to download only 28GB of the game. I've deleted the depot files and attempted to restart to only be presented with the same problem.

Back to waiting...for a game I just literally bought yesterday....Yay for progress!

In all fairness I know MMO's have issues, but this is totally game breaking...and after so long...you'd think ZOS would have their ducks in a relative row to stop such major game ending bugs. Or at least show more eagerness to get it fixed.

There is no $$$ in it for them, as they have already had your cash. So there is no rush. Don't expect a swift resolution or even another response. ZOS customer service is non existent.
  • Kaanha
    Kaanha
    Soul Shriven
    bunnytrix wrote: »
    Kaanha wrote: »

There is no $$$ in it for them, as they have already had your cash. So there is no rush. Don't expect a swift resolution or even another response. ZOS customer service is non existent.

To say that makes me sad is an understatement. -.- It sucks to be left out in the cold.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just a quick update - we believe we've identified the issue causing this, and are working on getting it fixed as soon as possible. We'll let you know when you should be clear to install the game.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Bravesteel
    Just a quick update - we believe we've identified the issue causing this, and are working on getting it fixed as soon as possible. We'll let you know when you should be clear to install the game.

Great news! Thanks for keeping us informed, ZOS_GinaBruno!
  • Kaanha
    Kaanha
    Soul Shriven

Thank you so much for your communication!
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭

Thx a lot for the update. thumb up!!
  • Eldin89ub17_ESO
    Eldin89ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, tried to install the game again after pre-ordering the expansion to check it out a bit and can't install. Keep getting this error when the install is a little over 20%. Would REALLY like to have a solution as a few of my buddies were able to install without any issues.
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    Yeah, tried to install the game again after pre-ordering the expansion to check it out a bit and can't install. Keep getting this error when the install is a little over 20%. Would REALLY like to have a solution as a few of my buddies were able to install without any issues.

Your buddies installed​ it from scratch without any issue or updated​ the game, yesterday or today?

Edited by ragus999 on May 16, 2017 7:15PM
  • Eldin89ub17_ESO
    Eldin89ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Your buddies installed​ it from scratch without any issue or updated​ the game, yesterday or today?

I actually think they managed to do it friday or over the weekend. So maybe they did it just before this issue started cropping up.
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭

I actually think they managed to do it friday or over the weekend. So maybe they did it just before this issue started cropping up.

I'm not an expert but what you said seems confirm that the updater/installer( server side) was broken since yesterday (following the yesterday patch?)... We are all waiting for play. Be patient is the only path now :-)
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭

Thanks , the workaround is really funny​. I have steam and may be they don't have update their repository yet...but I will waiting for ZOS fix... ASAP I hope x-)
  • The_White_Wolf
    The_White_Wolf
    Soul Shriven
    I'm gettin' bamboozled.
  • Celurian
    Celurian
    ✭✭✭
    I tryed to return to TESO today. But i'm having the same issue.
  • rakista_ESO
    Does it work yet? Has anyone tested it?
  • Bravesteel
    Does it work yet? Has anyone tested it?

I tried it a few minutes ago, but still no luck. Another evening down the drain.