The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Repentance (Templar Skill) Not Working for 2nd/3rd/4th Grouped Templar

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Now that the skill Repentance only restores stamina to the casting Templar, it means that the skill DOESN'T work for any other Templars in the group. This means that the 2nd/3rd/4th Templars of a group CANNOT get stamina back.

This makes Templar the only class in ESO that has to compete (repenting bodies) with teammates to avoid ZERO stamina return outside of minor/major buffs because every other class has stamina recovery or ways to get stamina back:

Dragonknights have guaranteed stamina return from Battle Roar + Helping Hands passives.
Nightblades have guaranteed stamina return (15% recovery) from Refreshing Shadows + Leeching Strikes.
Sorcerers have guaranteed stamina return (20% recovery) from Daedric Protection passive + Dark Deal.
Wardens have guaranteed stamina return (12% recovery) from Flourish passive + Bull Netch.

Surely this must be a consequence that was not intended to punish Templars (specifically Stamplars) who group together.

Platform: All
Server: All

Edit: Updated to provide additional clarity.
Edited by GrumpyDuckling on November 8, 2017 7:05PM
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that some changes weren't thought out well. This being one of them.

I guess this means you can't have more than one stamina templar in any group.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to bring this thread back up in the hopes that someone will recognize how much of a disadvantage grouped Stamina Templars have come Morrowind. I assume this was an oversight.
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on May 19, 2017 5:50PM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reminder: this is a bug that affects an entire class, and discourages that class to group together.
  • Bike_Guy
    Bike_Guy
    This is still an issue that as far as I'm aware hasn't been fixed in the PTS for CC. Hopefully it can be fixed in time for the update?
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not a bug - it was a feature in one of the past updates. Nobody will fix it.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Bike_Guy
    Bike_Guy
    The tool tip still says using it is supposed to give resources back to you AND allies close to you.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it is not:

"
    When slotted: Increase Stamina and Health regeneration by 15%
    When activated: Restores Stamina and Health per nearby corpse
    Each corpse can only be used once in this way
    Cost removed from skill"

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/repentance
  • Bike_Guy
    Bike_Guy
    It's supposed to affect your nearby allies, as per the tool tip. Screenshot proof:

287ky0p.png
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The change to Repentance that hurts grouped-up Stamplars was ignored despite multiple threads about it before and after Morrowind. I've just shelved my Stamplar in group settings because it's not worth the uncertainty of whether or not I can get stamina back.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I have friends who I use to enjoy teaming with but we can't both play Templars now because of the rage this skill causes.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I have friends who I use to enjoy teaming with but we can't both play Templars now because of the rage this skill causes.

Yup, it's sad that Stamplar is the only class where we get penalized for running duplicates within our group. No other class has to coordinate their resource return. Every other class has guaranteed return.
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    ffs toss eachother some shards and quit crying.
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's not a solution. Every class has access to a skill that gives resource return to teammates (Undaunted). Templar shards aren't the only way to give allies resource return anymore.

There is zero stamina return for all but one of grouped-up Stamplars outside of minor/major. They are the ONLY class that don't have any regen outside of major/minor, and the ONLY class that has to compete with each other for resources.
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on October 19, 2017 12:50PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be such an easy fix to allow each corpse to be repented once by each Templar, but nope, this is hard evidence that ZOS just doesn't care.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

this is the funniest thing i have read all day. LOL
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni isn't interested in feedback on Templars. Neither about poor design choices nor actual bugs. You're wasting your words.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Repentance (Restoring Aura morph): This morph now restores Health and Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Resource. It also only restores Stamina to the casting Templar, but continues to restore Health to the casting Templar and his allies."

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4028217#Comment_4028217

"We understand many of you are upset about the change with Repentance, and we’d like to explain why we made this change. Previously, Templars were able to restore the entire stamina bar for them and their whole group. In this upcoming update, we’re really focusing on resource recovery, so this ability needed to be adjusted. Additionally, running out of resources essentially provides a cooldown into a game that is currently without one, and restoring your group’s stamina through Repentance goes against these goals. Repentance does still heal the whole group for a large amount, and additionally, has no cost to boot. Now that resources are going to be more important, free abilities are quite powerful."

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4028217#Comment_4028217

Everything works as intended since Morrowind. RTFM.

-vovus
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you think templar is bad try a group of werewolves sometime...
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Bike_Guy
    Bike_Guy
    vovus69 wrote: »
    "Repentance (Restoring Aura morph): This morph now restores Health and Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Resource. It also only restores Stamina to the casting Templar, but continues to restore Health to the casting Templar and his allies."

"We understand many of you are upset about the change with Repentance, and we’d like to explain why we made this change. Previously, Templars were able to restore the entire stamina bar for them and their whole group. In this upcoming update, we’re really focusing on resource recovery, so this ability needed to be adjusted. Additionally, running out of resources essentially provides a cooldown into a game that is currently without one, and restoring your group’s stamina through Repentance goes against these goals. Repentance does still heal the whole group for a large amount, and additionally, has no cost to boot. Now that resources are going to be more important, free abilities are quite powerful."

-vovus

They need to fix the tool tip to reflect this then.

In any case, more than one Stamplar should be able to use Repentence to get their own Stamina back. The fact that one Stamplar can use it to the detriment of others in the same group doesn't really make sense, as @GrumpyDuckling has said.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not a bug - it was a feature in one of the past updates. Nobody will fix it.

-vovus
    If the way that Repentance works now was a "fix" for the ability, then that is bad news, indeed. So far, I don't believe that they've ever corrected any mistake or bug that they introduced while redesigning or "fixing" an ability or other feature of the game.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bike_Guy wrote: »

-vovus

In any case, more than one Stamplar should be able to use Repentence to get their own Stamina back. The fact that one Stamplar can use it to the detriment of others in the same group doesn't really make sense, as @GrumpyDuckling has said.
    Repentance: Cost: free.
    Consecrate the souls of the fallen, healing you and your allies for [2673 / 2762 / 2880 / 2970] Health and restoring [2673 / 2762 / 2880 / 2970] Stamina to you for each corpse in the area. While slotted, you gain Minor Fortitude, Minor Endurance, and Minor Intellect, increasing your Health, Stamina, and Magicka Recovery by 10%.

that is pretty clear that it only gives stam to you , maybe you ought to read closer.
  • Bike_Guy
    Bike_Guy
    Bike_Guy wrote: »

-vovus

Repentance: Cost: free.
    Consecrate the souls of the fallen, healing you and your allies for [2673 / 2762 / 2880 / 2970] Health and restoring [2673 / 2762 / 2880 / 2970] Stamina to you for each corpse in the area. While slotted, you gain Minor Fortitude, Minor Endurance, and Minor Intellect, increasing your Health, Stamina, and Magicka Recovery by 10%.

that is pretty clear that it only gives stam to you , maybe you ought to read closer.

Ah, you're right. Reading it closer I realize I was wrong. My bad.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited original post to add more clarity about the problem.