The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unresolved issue with gold ed eso digital download

mkm1911a1
mkm1911a1
Ok, I recieved some pointers on this problem from the community and MS Tech Support, I did everything both sources suggested, still unresolved.

I would like some help from Zenimax or Bethesda.

Problem:

I bought the digital download gold ed of eso from the MS Store. The account I bought it on has everything, but my family on the console gets the core game and the 500 crowns only, the 4 dlc's are not unlocked and the mount and pet are inaccessible.

On a xbox one, all the gamer tags on the console identified as "my home xbox" should have access to everything, completely.

If I buy something through the MS Store or on a physical CD, it should be accessible by all gamertags on that system. The distributed rights and access to all accounts on a home xbox is a great benefit.

So, why can the other accounts access the core game and the crowns from the gold ed, but nothing else?

P.S.
All other titles (CoD, BF, Destiny, Star Trek Online, etc) have no problems being accessible, both in core game and the edition benefits. Even BFs premium membership is distributed.

Best Answer

• Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The base game is shared for all gamer tags on the home console. The DLC's included with the gold edition can only be used on one gamer tag. They will need to be purchased for the other gamer tags.

The DLC's included are handle the same way as if you purchased them individually from the crown store or get them as part of ESO+, they are only available to the one gamer tag that purchases them. The same goes for crown store purchases.

• mkm1911a1
    mkm1911a1
    Ok, so I pre-ordered Morrowind the Digital upgrade. Will they have access to that or do I need to buy several copies of that?
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how they are considering this, they are calling Morrowind a chapter and not a DLC .....
  • mkm1911a1
    mkm1911a1
    Here's the thing with morrowind though, it isn't like a regular dlc. I'm thinking, if it were aregular dlc, eso plus would grant access.

According to the link, eso is the core game and gold edition are perks.

My thinking is morrowind IS the core of what I'm buying. Since it isn't included in eso plus, I seems like a morrowind IS the core and collectors edition are the perks.

Sorta like eso core game is to morrowind what gold edition is to collectors edition. At least that's what I'm guessing.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mkm1911a1 wrote: »
    Ok, so I pre-ordered Morrowind the Digital upgrade. Will they have access to that or do I need to buy several copies of that?

@mkm1911a1
    They will not have access to Morrowind
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501