The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

textures not loading or taking a long time (especially stairs / walls / floors)

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Sometimes in recent weeks textures take a really long time to load or dont load proparly at all (for example stairs stay at a very low resolution and remain flat)...this effect started to appear more often in recent days... Is there anything i can do to prevent or reduce this effect? Is it related to texture quality? View distance? GPU memory?
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps: it happens most noticeably in cities - for example wayrest
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on May 13, 2017 6:56AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likely on your end as you seem to understand. It could be anything along the lines of CPU and GPU capacity, hard drive instead of an SSD and total RAM along with how cleanly our PC is runner. Several of these aspects can have an effect.

Maybe start with posting your PC specs.

Edit: I have no issues with anything loading up and resolution is always normal.
    Edited by idk on May 13, 2017 7:27AM
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've actually been noticing this since the last patch. Eso is the only game on this PC I'm using and I only visit this website from this computer. I bought it solely for ESO I have never added anything to this PC except base Window's updates and Nvidia updates.

I have never had these texture load issues prior to our last patch...
    Edited by nimander99 on May 13, 2017 7:21AM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been really bad. Orsinium is the worst, wayrest, and shornhelm was horrible in rivenspire. Most major cities. Craglorn is starting to turn into another orsinium it seems. Walls are missing and doors on buildings that should not have them. Constant freezing and crashing. Things are not rendering properly. I wish they would fix this stuff before adding more dlc to the load.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on May 13, 2017 7:43AM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have 32gb ram, ssd, i5 cpu and gtx 680

I am just wondering what settings i could tweak to improve on it...it increasing view range would help or lowering graphics quality or reduce the mip loading thing or if its a gpu ram problem....or view distance

It also started after the past few patches...(also loading times increased quite a bit)
  • lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me, had to re - install.
  • Whatelse73b14_ESO
    Whatelse73b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've had the issue at times too, but just in cities when they seemed fairly packed. So, I didn't much worry about it. I also have to logout if I'm playing for more than a couple hours straight to refresh because of what I've heard is a memory leak and I lose FPS big time. But, I log back in and everything is fine after.
  • Rox83
    Rox83
    ✭✭✭
    Likely on your end as you seem to understand. It could be anything along the lines of CPU and GPU capacity, hard drive instead of an SSD and total RAM along with how cleanly our PC is runner. Several of these aspects can have an effect.

Maybe start with posting your PC specs.

Edit: I have no issues with anything loading up and resolution is always normal.

Happens on the Console versions too.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happens a lot to me but only in Cyrodiil, that's why I think it is not my pc. I play in high graphics and I have no problem at all with performance (maybe just a bit in trials or big cyro groups, but still the game is playable). I do not really mind but I would like to know why this happens.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of the performance/lag issues that are well over-due for being fixed/addressed
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    you need ryzen
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it just irritates me that it started a few days/weeks ago and wasn't an issue before, also loading times got a lot longer... i don't want to reinstall if i don't see that as a really viable option... could "repair" help?

I will upgrade to ryzen or the new intel cpu's that should be introduced end of this month, but i doubt this will help since the game uses mostly 1 core afai understand

Has anyone had any success in improving on the situation? just relogging?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was noticing that a lot in Orsinium today, but I suspect (could be wrong) that it's because the place was more crowded than usual today because 1) it's Saturday and 2) people are trying to finish up Orsinium quests and achievements before Morrowind comes out. Next weekend will probably be busy, too.
  • MotokoKusanagi34
    MotokoKusanagi34
    ✭✭✭
    It's a server issue, anyone on console remembers pre Tamriel Unlimited? That was atrocious and literally unplayable. Dunno if it was the same on PC. This still happens in places like Abah's Landing
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty normal for this to happen for me... I got used to it.

The worst thing is when you lag the hell out in the middle of a city when you are in a quest. For example, one of the quests has you fight a ghost in wayrest graveyard, I always lag out and die to that ghost because I am in the middle of wayrest. Also trying to do quests in Rawh'la is impossible.

Seriously stop dueling in the middle of cities!
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP i dont think the problem is on your end. I and 2 others were talking about this in guildchat this week. There has been a sudden lag in the loading of textures in busy cities. It started during Jester Festival but got noticeably worse in last 2 weeks. It is most noticeable in crowded areas. Port to Elden Root or Wayrest and go straight to the undaunted camp and it currently takes considerable time for textures to load. I have a 2 year old rig with 16gb ram, i7, ssd and a gtx970. I only use it for gaming, there is very little additional programs effecting performance so i doubt the issue is on the players end.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your system, but if you search hard enough on the threads you will notice it's a design issue on how the textures load in. You won't notice this on higher performing in computer but it does exist.

You can do several things, change subsampling to zero, maping to zero, and such. Google esp npc loading in, and eso optimization. As to sum up this I hope this gets looked at someday.... maybe it's the true root of our eso lag @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never have this problem so not sure it is a server issue.

They did change the default from the 32 bit to the 64 bit executable recently. Were you using the 32 bit before? Maybe try changing it from one to the other to see if that helps. You can change it via the gear icon in the top right on the launcher.

Also did you install the latest Windows 10 update? If so, perhaps try reinstalling your graphics driver.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm good thing then i'll get a new pc if intel hurries the f up and releases their "next" cpu's so i can build my new system
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started encountering this problem a lot more once I got a horse that ran faster than the game could render textures. It's kind of cool in a way :D
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have it in one place a lot.
    hXaeZYzl.jpg
    Love the rain drop splash on the non textured surface and the floating book.
    Here I raced from the wayshrine to the outpost to pick up the delve quest.
    Effect last for 3-5 second and I will run in place on the line and can not cross.
    Picking up the dungeon quests first solve it as it give time for the far part to load, but often I wanted to save the old quests if no time for dungeon runs.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.