The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

tiny stutters?

SpearDusk
SpearDusk
✭✭✭
I noticed that when I move my camera to look at the side of my character while running around, I notice a tiny bits of hiccups or stuttering when strafing or looking at the side of my toon. Its more noticeable if Im running alongside a wall or building. These stutters happen when looking straight but much less noticeable.

I'm on a new PC and this issue never occurred on the old one.

My current specs;
cpu i7-6850k
64GB ram
gpu gtx 1080ti
win 10 pro 64bit

Any help appreciated, and thanks
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    SnowFury wrote: »
    I noticed that when I move my camera to look at the side of my character while running around, I notice a tiny bits of hiccups or stuttering when strafing or looking at the side of my toon. Its more noticeable if Im running alongside a wall or building. These stutters happen when looking straight but much less noticeable.

My current specs;
    cpu i7-6850k
    64GB ram
    gpu gtx 1080ti
    win 10 pro 64bit

Any help appreciated, and thanks

I've the same issue. No driver issues.
    Mouse also stuttering and nothing of hardware has been replaced. I don't have the issue in other applications.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    yea I just put the graphics to "minimum" and still getting them :/
    Edited by SpearDusk on May 22, 2017 7:24PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me guess, much more performance on the new one? Microstutters can happen when the framerates can exceed the refresh rate of your monitor.

One thing to try that may not work at all, is to up the refresh rate on your monitor if it can handle it. But it is usually related to the Physics and 60 FPS, so the that is why the monitor refresh rate won't usually sort it.

Or, see this

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/173780/quick-dirty-guide-tech-explanation-how-to-limit-your-framerate-in-eso-for-g-sync-anything-else

Your goal for the clamp is around 54 Frames, so not sure what that number should be he wants you to change.

Edited by Nestor on May 22, 2017 7:48PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Let me guess, much more performance on the new one? Microstutters can happen when the framerates can exceed the refresh rate of your monitor.

One thing to try that may not work at all, is to up the refresh rate on your monitor if it can handle it. But it is usually related to the Physics and 60 FPS, so the that is why the monitor refresh rate won't usually sort it.

Or, see this

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/173780/quick-dirty-guide-tech-explanation-how-to-limit-your-framerate-in-eso-for-g-sync-anything-else

Your goal for the clamp is around 54 Frames, so not sure what that number should be he wants you to change.

not sure it's working for me or I'm doing something wrong.
    I have a 165hz monitor but I used his method to SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.01680000" which is 60fps.

And in nvidia control panel Ive set eso to run "ULMB" under Monitor technology. Im changing this from Gsync to FixedRefresh and to ULMB and still no difference. I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to this stuff :/
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 165hz monitor but I used his method to SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.01680000" which is 60fps.

And in nvidia control panel Ive set eso to run "ULMB" under Monitor technology. Im changing this from Gsync to FixedRefresh and to ULMB and still no difference. I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to this stuff :/

Try setting it so the FPS is clamped to 54 FPS

But, before you do that, something I just thought of that removed Microstutter in earlier games, try playing the game in Windowed Mode (or Borderless Window Mode) Let us know if that sorts it.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Try setting it so the FPS is clamped to 54 FPS

But, before you do that, something I just thought of that removed Microstutter in earlier games, try playing the game in Windowed Mode (or Borderless Window Mode) Let us know if that sorts it.

I downloaded the Voltan's advanced settings mod and put the fps at 200. I'll try to set it at 54, is that what you meant?
    What else should I set? Disabled gsync, enabled it, vsync, adaptive, etc.. I just tried so many combinations of things and non worked so I'm at a loss.
    Ive also tried different resolutions and fullscreen, windowed and fullscreen windowed etc. I set priority to high, run as admin, etc etc

voltan's mod;
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1482-VotansAdvancedSettings.html
    Edited by SpearDusk on May 23, 2017 8:23PM
  • Rikkof
    Rikkof
    ✭✭✭
    micro stutters apear not imediatly but after you play for a while, yes?
    or after you change a zone for otehr and go thru a load screen, yes?

because....memory leaks
    and nothin u can do bout dat (on ur end)
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    Rikkof wrote: »
    micro stutters apear not imediatly but after you play for a while, yes?
    or after you change a zone for otehr and go thru a load screen, yes?

because....memory leaks
    and nothin u can do bout dat (on ur end)

No im experiencing a different issue not the micro stutter that occurs after hours if gameplay.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it the take 4 steps, hesitate, take 4 more hesitate? Cos I have that since Monday, also if I stand still I can see other players doing the same thing.

I have tried so many things but nothing cures it. I dropped all my settings to low or off and this weird stuttering carries on regardless. I have an Amd graphics card and a lot of the stuff mentioned in previous posts mean nothing to me, I really am a tech idiot.

Before Monday I had no issues at all, usually I run the game optimised through raptr but atm I have reduced my settings to try sort the issue, it's driving me nuts........

I've checked my memory usage it is well below max, as is my cpu usage, both are at 50% or below, I don't appear to have any signs of a memory leak but atm I'm erring towards that.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!!
    Edited by freespirit on May 25, 2017 10:57PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not your machine, its the potato of a server
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not entirely sure but, I changed the "power options"on my pc to "High Performance" and that seemed to alleviate my issue a bit.

Will have to play a bit more to see if it gets better, and wonder how to improve it.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overclock and unleash the fury of that processor .

Also I thought this was about something else . Dwarves and speech impediments . Oh well .
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok so this evening I was on the point of giving up when I realised something.........

Every time I changed something, be it a graphics setting or addons that then required a /reloadui the issue went away only to return sometimes within an hour, or sometimes not for many hours.

So now every time the stuttering appears I reload the ui and atm that is making my game playable again.

Hope this helps anyone else with this issue. :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Rolo42
    Rolo42
    ✭✭
    I had this problem and found the cause: Gigabyte Aorus software set to control the lighting on the GPU by "Monitor" "GPU utilization" caused it. Setting it to any non-monitoring setting eliminated the stuttering redraws that are noticeable when strafing.

Disable any GPU monitoring software to see if that helps.
    Edited by Rolo42 on May 30, 2017 4:39AM