Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

struggling with tank

tommion
tommion
✭✭
I`ve got a Templar Imperial tank cp 180 with all the tools -60k health and 2000 magic regen. I`m playing as a blazing shield tank -(strictly pve , never tried pvp)-I never/rarely die. Great fun but- struggling to hold aggro .I play mainly solo and not in a guild but when I use my taunt skill it works for a couple of seconds then the boss moves onto other players. I know i`m a bit of a crap player(too old and dottery) but anyone got any tips please.
  • Greydir
    Greydir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The aggro System in ESO is somewhat uniqe, in that you do not have a Strict aggro control scheme but can use single Target taunts, that will aggro enemys for 100% of its duration.
    All Taunts have a runtime of 15 seconds. When that duration runs out the Aggro runs more or less random between group members. So as a Tank you should reapply the Taunt to all enemys you wish to control every ~14 seconds.
    There are some mechanics that will make you use aggro though:
    Some Bosses have a taunt reset. For example Xal-Nur in Mazzatun will reset his aggro to the Player he charges eveytime he uses his charge.
    Some Bosses like the Machine Guardian in Darkshade II are immune to the Taunt
    All Mobs will loose aggro, if an other Player Taunts them. There are 3 Taunt mechanics in this game: The Sword and Board Taunt, The Undauntet Taunt, and the Froststaves fully charged Heavy attac, if you invested points into trifokus.
    If a mob changes Aggro more than 3 times in 10 seconds, the enemy will get an immunity to taunting effects, which lasts for 12 seconds. This means for example if you spotted Xal Nur immediatly before his charge and he charges another Player, he will get an immunity immediatly if you Taunt him again after he completed his charge. This means that timing is quite important in some fights.
    Ebenherzpakt
    Sir Greydir - Dunmer DK
    Don Greydir - Kajit NB
    Ser Greydir - Imperial DK
    Dieser-Greydir-Heilt - Argonier Templer
    Greydir Finsterklinge - Bretone NB
    Greydir Drakenson - Nord Hüter
    Clear: vAA HM - vHrC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF TTT - vAS [+2] - vCR [+3] GH - vSS HM - vKA HM - vRG
  • tommion
    tommion
    ✭✭
    ok thanks-haven`t got the undaunted taunt so will look into that. More practice I guess.
    PS did ask in game but got told to learn to play etc -helpful eh.
    Edited by tommion on May 11, 2017 10:41AM