Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

---------»How do i buy and sell itens

Minagoroshi
Minagoroshi
Soul Shriven
so im not in a guild, (created my own thinking there would be more portuguese people in the game and so far its just me, Lusitania-PT by the way :pensive: ), cant find a guild that would fit me and the ones that do dont reply.
Heres my question: not being in a guild is hard because i cant access guild stores, is there a way to buy and sell player to player in a general player based store?
If not is there a way for me to buy and sell at least materials?

thanks in advance,
@AmeNoShin
The one that survives is not the strongest or the healthiest, but the one that adaptes.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy from any trading stall in the game, look in the capitol cities for the busy ones.

You can sell to an in game merchant, or you can link items in zone chat to sell player to player. But best way is to join a trading guild (look guild section of forum) and message on here.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Minagoroshi
    Minagoroshi
    Soul Shriven
    never heard of the trading stall could you elaborate please?
    The one that survives is not the strongest or the healthiest, but the one that adaptes.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the city map for the main city in each zone. Look at the icons, you will see one that is listed as guild traders. Those are the kiosks that you will want to look at.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 3 main types of guilds, Social, Trading, and PvP or Trials/Dungeons. The guild you started is a Social Guild. You have some expectation of interacting with the members for help or group events or just talking about stuff. Trading Guilds exist for one reason to trade with other players. "Fitting in" is really just nothing more than having things to sell and buying the stuff you need.

Once you find the kiosks, check out the inventory and look for names that come up often as sellers. Those are the active members. Reach out them with an email and ask if you can join their guild. Some guilds will charge a weekly fee, some won't (main trading center's guilds tend to charge a fee). Join the guild, list items for sale in the store and you never have to talk to anyone in the guild. Although the Trading Guild I am in has an active social base.

Try to join two or three of the trading guilds so you can see which one moves your stuff the quickest. Then you can drop, or keep, the other guilds, as you prefer.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Minagoroshi
    Minagoroshi
    Soul Shriven
    so my only option would be joining a trading guild if i want to make gold ingame?
    i really think there should be a central shop in all major cities so you could sell stuff to other players even if you are not in a trading guild.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so my only option would be joining a trading guild if i want to make gold ingame?
    i really think there should be a central shop in all major cities so you could sell stuff to other players even if you are not in a trading guild.
    The only non-guild way to sell to other players is to advertise items in chat, and do face-to-face trades or through mail (e.g., COD). If you want to sell in a store, you must join a guild that has a store (need 50 members IIRC). If you want to sell to other than just your guild members, you must join a guild that wins weekly bids on trader stalls (and they go from like 10K gold up to millions of gold a week, depending on location).

If you search for "auction house" you can read, nearly ad-infinitum, the debates on the guild trader system and the most commonly requested alternative. A current version is going on here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/343187/an-unified-auction-house

• WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    so im not in a guild, (created my own thinking there would be more portuguese people in the game and so far its just me, Lusitania-PT by the way :pensive: ), cant find a guild that would fit me and the ones that do dont reply.
    Heres my question: not being in a guild is hard because i cant access guild stores, is there a way to buy and sell player to player in a general player based store?
    If not is there a way for me to buy and sell at least materials?

thanks in advance,
    @AmeNoShin

If you are not in a guild which has a guild store then you can use Zone chat to advertise your item however I would strongly suggest joining a guild. I am sure many will gladly have you :)

If you are unaware you can join multiple guilds