Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Heavy Armor MagSorc (PvP)

SPE825
SPE825
✭✭✭
I'm looking to be a little more survivable in PvP as a MagSorc I currently wear 5 Spinner/5 Lich/2 Infernal Guardian (5/1/1). As opposed to the Spinner set, I was thinking of moving the 4 armor pieces there to heavy armor for more survivability. Impen on my Spinner doesn't do a lot since it's light armor anyway.

What heavy armor set might better accompany Lich here? I've seen some builds using heavy Julianos or Seducer. Lich and Seducer seems like regen overkill (at the expense of DPS), but maybe not with the nerf to resources that's coming?

I guess the question is also if using heavy armor on a MagSorc in PvP is even best once Morrowind drops.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of Sorcs are running heavy right now, and a lot are running seducer. Seducer might be even more important with the Morrowind changes...resource cost reduction might become one of the most valuable buffs in the game.

However...I've been playing since release and I've never had a patch coming where I expected more potential changes to play style across the board. You might not invest too much into new gear until we see how things shape up. I'm relatively confident that Seducer will still be a go-to set...but there are just so many changes. It's very possible the heavy armor meta will fade away.