Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Help with tank dps!

Linken
Linken
✭✭
Hi i recently made my stam sorc to a tank instead using the following build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXYuyxbZBzo

5 Pariah (weaons, shield and jewelery)
5 orgnum's scales (infused)
2 Trollking (reinforced and sturdy)

But it feels like im lacking dps only being able to pull around 2-4k dps (single target) in dungeons feels low is there anything i could change up to increase it?

Im only 234 CP atm so i will get some more dps since i have taken surviability points from CP first before taking dps.

Is there any other info you need just ask.
Sorcerer 307 CP atm
Been raiding for 10+ years in WoW now looking into ESO and loving it!
Looking for Serious Guild for PvE and/or PvP!
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why Pariah? The guy in video seems to be doing really well but I fail to see how he'd profit from Pariah over pretty much any other tanking set. In order to get that full armor buff you have to drop to like <20% health I think, which I don't think he even does in that fight at the start(forgive my laziness, just glimpsed through it XD). That aside with at least 5 heavy, lightning form and all that good stuff he's probably near armor cap anyway.

Well either way, it's a pure tank build so 2-4k dps seems about right. Well maybe 5k. Wouldn't expect more, it's focused solely on self surviveability. Tanks don't even measure dps usually except for the lols and some niche builds like blazing shield templars sometimes, the main focus of tanks is surviveability, self sustain and - this is a really big thing right now - group buffs. Which neither Pariah nor Orgnum's are providing by the way, unlike more common tanking sets like Ebon, Alkosh etc.

If you wanted to add some dps while tanking, you could experiment with some sets like Thunderbug or/and Storm Knight but honestly they're pretty niche. There's generally a better use of a 5 pc bonus for a tank than investing into dps which still will be majorly subpar to the dps of an actual damage dealer. It all really depends on what you want to do though, if you want to tanky-ish solo it's one thing, if you want to tank (vet) dungeons it's another, if you're thinking about vet trials it's different still, and PvP is a whole separate ball game.
    Edited by Magdalina on May 9, 2017 9:02AM
  • Linken
    Linken
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the answer :)

Im actually just tanking with this setup to be able to use quick ques in the groupfinder so i can gear towards the pvp i want to do and so far i havnt had any trouble with tanking Vet dungeons.

But as you say Pariah might be overkill or not the best what would you suggest me switching it out to to help out my group even more?
    Sorcerer 307 CP atm
    Been raiding for 10+ years in WoW now looking into ESO and loving it!
    Looking for Serious Guild for PvE and/or PvP!
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You could try Ebon. Not only is it a great support set but it also looks cool and has dem shiny orbs :p It's also relatively easily farmable in a dungeon as opposed to trials and stuff.
    Edited by Magdalina on May 9, 2017 4:02PM