Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What to do with nightblade now?

Esen
Esen
Soul Shriven
A lot of people have said that after the new update stamina NB are pretty much useless. I've already invested a lot of time and effort and I don't wanna make a new character so my question is what can I do with my current NB so it can still be useful and do something. Maybe some sort of utility for the group? DPS flew out the window apparently lol
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • Esen
    Esen
    Soul Shriven
    giphy.gif

What's the point of this reply, I don't understand
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

my nightblade is my main character here in eso as well as you!
    you asked what suppose to do now with our nightblades, and I ...
    as a fellow nightblade ... have no plan, have no idea and have no answer.
    sooo i link a gif to show my answer.

Edited by Gilvoth on May 8, 2017 1:38AM
  • Esen
    Esen
    Soul Shriven
    my nightblade is my main character here in eso as well as you!
    you asked what suppose to do now with our nightblades, and I ...
    as a fellow nightblade ... have no plan, have no idea and have no answer.
    sooo i link a gif to show my answer.

The words "I have no answer" and "I gave you an answer with my gif" are like complete contradictions

Anyway it's sad, guess I'll just wait till warden comes out and give it a go
    Edited by Esen on May 8, 2017 1:44AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try the PTS, load up one of the nightblade presets the have and test it out in pve and pvp.
    he will be maxed out for you with all gold armors and jewelry and weapons.
    thats a start.
    as far as my gif goes, it is what i had at the time for an answer. in the future i will try to remember your name and not reply with any gifs.
    deepest apologies. please forgive me.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kiting is a thing, you can annoy the heck out of people. Zerg surfing is a thing. Stack 3 proc sets.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina nightblades make the best thieves. :) At least, that's true for Bosmers and Khajiiti.

In theory, they can even farm dungeons for gear, opening chests.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on May 8, 2017 2:10AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll be fine unless your goal is to run endgame PvE for leaderboard scores.

Stam NB (Nightblade in general) does not fit in very well in that content.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly, it's not that bad. the sustain issues are just a learn to adjust symptom. my suggestion is to load up the ptr and try out the class yourself. a lot of people complained that tanks will get hit the worst this patch but...

i Soloed the Auridon world boss, the three bosses with my stamina Nightblade with just your basic dungeon gear sets. it's all about managing your resources and hitting them at the right moments. having the right build also helps so... i dont know, people can cry all they want about morrowind but refusing to change or adjust your builds just means you signed your own death warrant on your character.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fishing, Crafter/farmer character, roleplaying, cleaning the house(s).
    The slave must obey.
    RIP NB's
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    honestly, it's not that bad. the sustain issues are just a learn to adjust symptom. my suggestion is to load up the ptr and try out the class yourself. a lot of people complained that tanks will get hit the worst this patch but...

i Soloed the Auridon world boss, the three bosses with my stamina Nightblade with just your basic dungeon gear sets. it's all about managing your resources and hitting them at the right moments. having the right build also helps so... i dont know, people can cry all they want about morrowind but refusing to change or adjust your builds just means you signed your own death warrant on your character.

How long did it take u?
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    RavenSworn wrote: »

How long did it take u?

Probably 10mins. Longer if I skewed the rotation abit.
    Edited by RavenSworn on May 9, 2017 6:04AM
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Esen wrote: »
    A lot of people have said that after the new update stamina NB are pretty much useless.
    People have been saying this long before the update notes.

Here's the thing: stamBlades are the hardest class to play in the game. No question. It takes skill, dedication, and a great many attempts to find the balance of dealing damage while trying to stay alive.

The changes of NB in the notes only means NBs can no longer gank, because people are whiners who walk into a PvP zone without properly protecting themselves (including the developers, I'm sure).

Everything else is pretty much as is, except for Siphoning. I don't use Siphoning because the cost of its use is far too expensive for its return, and it'll be even worse after the patch.

stamBlades won't be altered that much, and unfortunately, that's part of the problem when it comes to sustain. You won't see much change after the patch, so I wouldn't worry too much about it until you play it and make the call yourself.

• ddpmacho
    ddpmacho
    Continue playing it.
    PS4 - NA
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    enjoy it, as before
  • MagnusBlackmane
    MagnusBlackmane
    ✭✭✭
    Run around doing stuff while enjoying the slaughter of mobs... you know, the usual.
    "You're trying too hard... do it at 80%, never 100%. Relax." - My sensei.
    --==--==--==--
    Server: EU PC
    Dracart - AD Khajiit, Currently Stamina Nightblade
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could Nightblades need some adjustment? Obviously.
    But tbh the doom is a little much. We have all gotten our nightblades this far, we will get through this as well. If not, maybe you just weren't a nightblade to begin with after all? No shame in that. I guess spamming flowers is also cool... right?
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I main a stamina NB and these changes will just force me to think about a different build. I have already been thinking about a way to get more stamina back and I am testing different skills. It is actually fun, believe it or not. My poor dummy has been beaten up way too much since the patch notes hahaha.

Adapt to changes, keep playing what you like.

My guildies keep telling me to make a magsorc but I just don't enjoy them. This is a game after all, and you should be having fun.

You can reach decent dps with a stam nb, however sadly you will never reach a magicka sorcerer level. Still, I do play veteran end game content and I am happy with my character's performance (even with all the nerfs). I just really like the class and I cannot really see myself playing something else.
    Edited by itehache on May 13, 2017 5:31PM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    You'll be fine unless your goal is to run endgame PvE for leaderboard scores.

Stam NB (Nightblade in general) does not fit in very well in that content.

This is pretty much what I tell everyone. Everyone feels that because one class is superior, that the rest are unusable