Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Malachite shard farming?

dreadnoughtus695
Where can you farm Malachite shards and is there a quick way to farm Malachite shards???
  • nodulo
    nodulo
    ✭✭✭
    I find I get them somewhat regularly from crafting daily writs. Not sure if that helps or not.
  • Joffi
    Joffi
    ✭✭✭
    I also get many from lockpicking overland treasure chests.
    "Bah... This is not the way... "

PC EU
    Tempora Jof, Daggerfall Covenant, Breton, Sorcerer, Vampire: "Being good is hard..."
    Jurfi da Nord, Aldmeri Dominion, Nord,Warden, Vampire: "Serving my own needs is easy."
    Randal the Second, Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Dragonknight: "I refuse to feel the ex-slaver guilt I have."
    Inos sal'Ma'Nefic, Aldmeri Dominion, Imperial, Templar: "Heals by accident count, eh? Eh?"
    Desdenada Jof, Ebonheart Pact, High Elf, Sorcerer: "Righteousness is its own edict."
    Joffi da Rat, Aldmeri Dominion, Wood Elf, Nightblade: "Bah, this is not the way..."
    Indigo sal'Ma'Nefic, Daggerfall Covenant, Redguard, Dragonknight: "For glory!"
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly at this point it's just easier to buy the full stone. I think 1 full malachite only costs several hundred gold now, on na pc at least.
  • llKarasll
    llKarasll
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Honestly at this point it's just easier to buy the full stone. I think 1 full malachite only costs several hundred gold now, on na pc at least.

I agree. With farming them being so inconsistant and unreliable it's much easier to just buy them from a guild trader. I assure you that making the gold is easier than making one Malachite.