The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trials fps

wahoozie
wahoozie
✭✭✭
I have run trials many times, and I am not unfamiliar with low framerate and high latency tied to them, but my last run was completely unbearable. I admit, I do usually turn off shadows entirely, which I didn't this time.(Shadows were left on medium) I usually run around 20 fps minimum, but this time I was lucky to get 1 frame every 4-5 seconds in some fights. Do shadows really make this much of a difference? I did get a new damage meter I've seen commonly used in dungeons/raids but I find it hard to believe this is the cause, as I have used AUI or FTC or even both before without issues. I had all 'on/off' graphics options disabled, and particle effects were set to ~1k, really low specs for what it's running on. In wayrest during peak hours I can get 40-50fps with maxed settings, yet I hop into a trial and I get a slideshow.

I am currently running a fx-6300@4.4ghz and a gtx 960@1.5ghz. 8gb ram. It's no million dollar machine but I really expect to get more out of it, this is the only game it struggles with.

Any tips or recommendations to improve framerate are greatly appreciated, there are sets I would like to farm and currently I am far too useless to feel comfortable hopping back in a trials group to get them.

Here is a video of the painful last trash pull/boss of nSO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lHqKR3-LX8

I was not recording previously, but it was so bad I had to record the last fights.
Edited by wahoozie on May 6, 2017 7:51PM
  • Rolo42
    Rolo42
    ✭✭
    Don't go on "belief": test. Disable your newly added damage parser to see if the problem clears. If it does, then check it's configuration, especially any trials or other situation-specific settings.
  • wahoozie
    wahoozie
    ✭✭✭
    I would but I'm not about to go into some trials group, get everyone ready then bail after the first trash pull because it's the same. If I knew finding another to fill in was easy I would go for it but I've been in groups that ended up not running because 1-2 people bailed. The game runs fine on all other content, I'm kicking myself here but it even runs better in heavy pvp..
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was having a similar issue. I usually have a bunch of addons going. I saw no real change by reducing my.graphics down to minimal, but a signifIcant change when I disabled most of my addons.
  • wahoozie
    wahoozie
    ✭✭✭
    Suppose I'll give it a try in some random /zone group
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    I upgraded to a gtx 1070 ftw. All fps issues went away and only see issues when I first log in and mm is loading all of its data.
  • Rolo42
    Rolo42
    ✭✭
    wahoozie wrote: »
    I would but I'm not about to go into some trials group, get everyone ready then bail after the first trash pull because it's the same. If I knew finding another to fill in was easy I would go for it but I've been in groups that ended up not running because 1-2 people bailed. The game runs fine on all other content, I'm kicking myself here but it even runs better in heavy pvp..

Whatever you do, you'll have to test it.

It will be...heh....trial and error
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rate this video 10/10 for realistic gameplay.
  • wahoozie
    wahoozie
    ✭✭✭
    Rolo42 wrote: »
    wahoozie wrote: »

Whatever you do, you'll have to test it.

It will be...heh....trial and error

I see what you did there. +1 ha