Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New to this game

Orange_fire_dragon
Orange_fire_dragon
✭✭✭
Hello there.

I started playing ESO about 3 weeks ago or so, currently am level 47 and starting to see how this game works.

I am still very baffled how the crown store works though. I see outfits, pets etc and I Google them and find them in ESO wikias and they say that they are bought from the crown store.

I do not see these things in crown stores, does things always go out of the store and do they ever come back? as like do they rotate what's available for a short while or is it that they only keep making new outfits, pets etc and the old ones are forever unavailable to be bought?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They rotate stuff through the crown store, so not everything is available in there.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! Just gotta wait then.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should mention that, these days, they are likely to re-appear in Crown Crates as random drops.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are more things that have been discontinued from the Crown Store than there are things IN the Store. Late last year, they started bringing back a lot of discontinued stuff as part of the Crown Crates.
    There are two horse colors they've discontinued (grey and dapple grey) that I never had the opportunity to get, so I'm really hoping they'll bring them back at some point. :)
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    How do I know what rotation is it with the Crown Crates?

I also got a question about the upgrade pack that allows you to play in any alliance with any race.

If I buy this on my character I play on now, does it carry to the entire account so if I create a new one can I pick any race and alliance?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They publish all of the content that can be obtained in the crown crate season, at the start of the season. They do one season per quarter. Next one should start around when Morrowind drops.

Any race any alliance applies to the whole account, unlimited number of characters. (Well, unlimited meaning that you can use it any time you create a character, not that you suddenly have an unlimited number of characters that you can create)
    Edited by Elsonso on May 6, 2017 6:30PM
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Great, thanks for the info! :)
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    lordrichter

Can you shed some light on this?

I finished up the fighter's guild and can now access the earth forge.

Players can craft two new sets with the set effect on them but I cannot since I dont have the ability to do so.

But in wiki it says I need to research 8 traits at corresponding station? does this mean I have to research 8 traits in the workbenches in the earth forge to gain ability to make those sets? or am I 100% off in this one? kinda confused.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    But in wiki it says I need to research 8 traits at corresponding station? does this mean I have to research 8 traits in the workbenches in the earth forge to gain ability to make those sets? or am I 100% off in this one? kinda confused.
    You don't have to use the Earth Forge to research the traits.
    You can research traits at any crafting station in any city, and it will apply. For example, I use a set of Julianos armor that required that my character know 6 traits in whatever piece of armor I want to craft. So if I made a helm, I'd have to research 6 different traits just for helms alone in order to do the Julianos set. It doesn't matter what blacksmithing station I research them on. :)

• Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Ah great! thank you SydneyGrey!