Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Orichalcum ore

Bogdano
Bogdano
I currently have the choice between orichalcum ore and calcinium ore. My character is level 28 so if I was making a dagger for use by my character instead of to be deconstructed by my alternate character, I would have to use the orichalcum ore.
Do I get more inspiration points by building calcinium daggers for my alt to deconstruct?

Best Answers

• xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    im pretty sure when you decon higher lvl items you get more crafting xp.
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The higher level an item, the more inspiration from decon. The higher color quality, more inspiration.

However, level of items is a slow creep in inspiration gains. There won't be a big difference in calcinuim amd orichalum. Feel free to use whichever you have more of.

Personally, I would not grind low level items between characters to level them. You'll end up having to craft hundreds of additional items, and it's really boring. I did this on my first two characters...total waste of time. Instead, I'd "race" my main to level 50 in the craft skills by:

- doing daily writs, which reward decent inspiration and intricate items for decon
    - Run delves and public dungeons. You need the shards anyway, and they reward tons of decon junk.
    - If you want to go even faster, buy intricate top level gear in guild stores. I wouldn't spend more than $200 per piece...and even then it's going to be spendy, but this can help supplement.

Once one character is top level, do writs and pass down the reward junk gear to alts for deconstruction. Or craft the top level stuff for decon. Either way, it'll be gen times faster than leveling an alt with the low level mats.
    Answer ✓
  • Bogdano
    Bogdano
    Ah i discovered writs today. The game gave me the opportunity to make weapons to order.
    And I figured out that shards are skyshards, yes many are discovered in delves or dungeons.
    Answer ✓
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    Ehhhh.....Not really. The way One Tamriel is set now, the ore, wood, and clothing pickups in the world scale to your crafting level. Once you add a skill point to the first slot it changes what you will find in the world. Deconstructing a white item your other character built is not going to net much XP. To get the most XP on Deconning, you need to decon a green, blue, purple, or gold item. However, I wouldn't do this unless you have the skill that gives you a better chance of extracting mats because you will be missing out on items that you can either use for new weapons/armor, or to sell for decent prices in a guild. I give all of my CP160 white gear and items to my low level alts to decon because if they don't get anything out of it, I'm not missing anything. It gives them decent XP (especially with a 280% boost) but I only decon rare items with my main so I can pull the mats. But if you are deconning items when your characters are pretty close in level, its not going to get you anywhere anytime soon unless they are rare items.
    PS4/NA
    Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
    Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
    Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
    Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
    Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
  • Bogdano
    Bogdano
    What's a writ?
  • Bogdano
    Bogdano
    Oh and what's a shard?
  • Bogdano
    Bogdano
    I've been in dungeons, I usually get help from other players, but one dungeon in a sewer in Stormfront was so tough that I got mobbed by at least four NPCs and promptly killed every time I tried to enter.
    I think it was stormfront, maybe some other name that begins with storm.