Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Any point in NOT being a vampire?

sticx45_ESO
sticx45_ESO
✭✭✭
Was looking at a few builds today.. and I can't see any downside to being a vampire what so ever. Yes they take a bit more fire damage, but that's so far overloaded by all of the passive benefits it's not even funny. I really don't like the way my character looks as a vamp, but I feel like i'm at a massive disadvantage if I'm not a vamp it's ridiculous. This is going to be even more so with the morrowind changes to magi regen....
  • BellatorMortalis
    Yes. You are ugly. And you smell. Because you are dead and rotting.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suck it up princess
    But your correct :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• sticx45_ESO
    sticx45_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    Suck it up princess
    But your correct :|

Lol thanks =) I made my char all nice and pretty.. and now she's decrepit and ugly... and stinks =P

But, as i said... if i don't go vamp... i'm at too big a disadvantage.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character's name is Buffy. She slays vampires; she doesn't become them. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Tygerfire
    Tygerfire
    ✭✭
    I hate to agree, but I did cure my sorc's vampirism because she was hideous to look at...lol. Also, the weakness to fire was pretty extreme and resulted in some quick deaths if not paying full attention.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was looking at a few builds today.. and I can't see any downside to being a vampire what so ever.
    Nothing about being a bat or dog appeals to me, but whatever floats your boat.

I see nothing in the skill tree which screams "I need this to be better" at playing the game. Is there something I'm missing?

Oh, and then there's the fact no one in the game even recognizes you as a vampire, allowing you to freely walk into Alik'r without a single Redguard trying to kill your necromanced arse.

All the skill line does is make your character look like the Pillsbury dough boy... zombified.

Barf.

• xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    7/10 of my characters are vamps. once you get to around 300cp its all bonus to any competent player.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires suck. (get it? :trollface: )
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if you are play as magicka character (build), then it is good to be a vampire, the fire damage is not such a big issue

if you are stamina character, then WW