The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PLEASE ADD MORE THAN 700 SPACES TO GRAND TOPAL HIDEAWAY!

Evan8642
Evan8642
✭✭✭
Please add more than 700 spaces. @ZOS_GinaBruno , i paid $125 bucks on crowns to purchase this house (which was overpriced, and i had to trick myself into thinking i was just buying x2 new xbox games from gamestop) and there are so many limitations to this area, such as not being able to scale the volcano, and although you can vist most of the map, its tricky in some spots... , or not being able to move the mini boat, This area has SO MUCH potential yet i feel 700 spots isn't quite cutting it. Please consider doubling this to at least 1400 considering this is twice if no the size of daggerfall and earthtear cavern.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why'd you pay $125 for a virtual home
    Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't going to happen. They completely botched the island and the cavern by making them have the exact same item and player limits as the in-game manors. There's also invisible walls all over the place, and more than half of the island is impassable due to rocks and cliffs. The value of the island was just terrible considering the price. I don't anticipate ZOS doing any more work on the home when it makes no financial sense to dedicate resources to it anymore. Plenty of people already shelled out big bucks for the home and it's not even available for purchase anymore.

Keep in mind though, being an ESO+ member gives you double the item limit on homes. So if you want your 1400 item limit, subscribe and then decorate to your hearts content.
    Edited by AlienatedGoat on May 3, 2017 1:29AM
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • Evan8642
    Evan8642
    ✭✭✭
    I am an ESO + subscriber and the max limit for me is 700
    Options
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    hey I hope they triple it.

I didn't buy it. Though if it had more functionality and higher decorator limit. I might have been tempted.
    Edited by Fingolfinn01 on May 3, 2017 1:33AM
    PC-NA
    Options
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that isn't true. I'd be cool with it though...
    Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evan8642 wrote: »
    I am an ESO + subscriber and the max limit for me is 700

You might want to put in a bug report then. 700 is the base limit on all manor sized homes. ESO+ is supposed to double that.

Actually I just checked, and 700 is the ESO+ limit. Forgive my mistake.

Just another thing to add to the list of disappointments of Homestead.
    Edited by AlienatedGoat on May 3, 2017 1:29AM
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • Evan8642
    Evan8642
    ✭✭✭
    350 is the base size, 700 is what it says on players spread sheets because they are already factoring in the "double" you get from ESO + which is why it says "maximum size available"
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Evan8642

Zos is working on determining how many more items can be added. They announced this recently.
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Evan8642

Zos is working on determining how many more items can be added. They announced this recently.

@Giles.floydub17_ESO
    I have not been able to find the announcement about future housing improvements.
    Any chance you could post the link?
    Thanks!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been spamming feedback about this in-game.

Considering the size of the island... the item limit makes no sense at all.
    I don't care even the slightest if its not fair to have more item capacity than other "houses" - this island is clearly something very different and should be treated as different... Yes I bought it and I accepted as it is, but it won't mean it couldn't be improved thanks to constructive feedback. "It's mmo - things tend to change". I trust zos will realize this issue sooner rather than later.

Why is this island considered as a "house", its clearly an area and we should be allowed to ride there!
    I can live with invisible walls, since otherwise we would build bridge out of there... hehhhehe!
    What I don't understand is the limit in the first place. It is instanced secluded area. Only you decide to fill it with junk and if it then becomes very slow to load, it is your own fault - so we can live with that which we have control over!
    I think eso+ subscribers should have no limit at all and if there just HAVE TO be a limit, just add one zero to that 700(0)...
    I've been wondering the collectible limit too. Why is it there? Why can't all my vanity pets roam freely on my island?!?
    Just so weird...but then again I'm not the brightest one out there..

Zos always encourages us to be creative and loves when we are, but these limits give a hard cap for our creativity and I hate it. I love details and I like to think myself as perfectionist when it becomes decorating. I use money, time and heart to it. I want the island feel alive, creative, unique and nice place for my guild to be in. I'm at item limit already, even if I got only my right shore - small ruins - waterfall/pond area made (all else is plain empty).
    Dueling arena, hatching area (RP), DD practice grounds, crafting area. These eat a lot item capacity and require details.
    I don't see any point decorating outside area with just few trees and rocks, and putting few chairs and beds or kitchen indoors which does not benefit me in no way and are only visuals at best with no real utility.

I understand homestead is made as time and gold sink (also crown). It has no use for most players by default, but after some creative thinking it can become a social environment to you, your friends and guild. That benefits them in many cool ways!

Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »

Because he wanted too just a guess
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    Options
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Details and creativity [proofs] All this is created from small and simple decorations (combining and aligning) and on totally empty spots.
    Taken during night so that all the lights show.. (they eat crazy amount item capacity together with "nature")

18319306_1920499818220652_7009121318344547501_o.jpg?oh=f9e7a1e2cfb7d904d63f85484868731f&oe=597C63FC

18278149_1920500041553963_6800667209512046287_o.jpg?oh=95aec744009ffc0bb7b286f62e9f52ca&oe=598D7CA9

18278681_1920499988220635_3784812821731692008_o.jpg?oh=c2e02306b8109f745e763bd88326bee4&oe=59BC9DD8

18278409_1920500061553961_6618099943921062467_o.jpg?oh=67c711f84c6ca0ff923b014143992eff&oe=59753D1E

18278431_1920499971553970_6231788627324002393_o.jpg?oh=70e21e125dee5f438c9f5ffe69c78381&oe=598AECA2

18319351_1920499848220649_4841648264119446509_o.jpg?oh=32a62eaa35cf35b86c87eefa21cb4883&oe=59B9052F

18238122_1920499814887319_1245552203134735302_o.jpg?oh=ef29b8718643825559248dad5b8fc483&oe=5981DD08

18216515_1920499851553982_1644326192804280289_o.jpg?oh=113ccad5da3b40dc7e25467c9caa797a&oe=59763A45

18278911_1920500074887293_542376686759899742_o.jpg?oh=3cbbf447696e9f3fdaf7082f8bd44e39&oe=59891D55

18238803_1920500228220611_3562845121937706058_o.jpg?oh=80e08473a053b576f7dae164275de6d1&oe=59833A0A

18278121_1920500101553957_2938986948650621930_o.jpg?oh=7ce8b345b208618b209a947b8c77c0d0&oe=5976A396
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
    Options
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my sub crowns the day after they took it off the store, had many on me and just needed a small boost the sub would've provided for it.

I am sure many people missed it because of the timing of their sub re-apply system.

Also OP why just the island?

Why not all notable homes huh?
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They need to up the amount or allow us to buy more slots base on the house we have. Would love another 100-200 slots at my manor
    Options
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure buddy, fork out another $ 79,95 and you can have 500 more spaces
    Ingame:
    Ezekiel Zakriah, Redguard Nightblade

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
    Options
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They all need loads more slots, but I think the island needs the most...there's a lot of land space included.
    Options
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me what a house/island can be used for? I tried going to the Topal Hideaway preview; there was nothing to do but walk/run/swim around. I could also open some doors and go inside where I could walk/run around some more. Is this all there is to these homes?
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They want us to max out the houses quickly.

We can't even display all our mounts and pets in one house.

All pushing you towards..... buying another house.

Surprise right?

Well, not really.

Cheers!
    Options
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least a thousand, i still need to build ruins and a lighthouse, furnish 3 huts and guild building and only have 80 slots left.....
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Evan8642

@Giles.floydub17_ESO
    I have not been able to find the announcement about future housing improvements.
    Any chance you could post the link?
    Thanks!

I do not have a link. I believe it was during an interview that either @ZOS_RichLambert or @ZOS_MattFiror had mentioned it was under review for consideration to increase the furnishings cap and that the current settings were purposely limited to see how server load was affected.
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what a house/island can be used for? I tried going to the Topal Hideaway preview; there was nothing to do but walk/run/swim around. I could also open some doors and go inside where I could walk/run around some more. Is this all there is to these homes?

Create and be creative
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to double all homes current housing limits

It's ridiculous this is even a problem. They didn't even give us storage! The exact definition of housing is just storage for your crap.

Not giving more storage to special sales housing items twice the size of manors was just laughable. I dismissed the island as soon as I saw the item limits were the same
    Options
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »

I have comprised several answers for you, feel free to use any of them.

1. Because he felt like it
    2. It was his money and he can do what he wants
    3. Some people think virtual homes are cool
    4. Not everyone has to live on Ramen and tap water
    5. Just to *** the haters off
    Edited by Balamoor on May 3, 2017 3:21PM
    Options
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caps.gif
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    700 ? I wouldn't even come close to adding 20 things before I got bored
    Options
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    700 slots isn't even enough for landscaping and lighting on this property. :(

I really do hope they increase it, not only for this property, but for all of them. It truly hinders creativity, and is so so frustrating the way it is right now.
    ->--Willow--<-
    Options
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that 700 slots is not enough for the island. Actually it's not enough for most homes except really small ones. The item cap will also hurt furniture added in Morrowind since people will reluctant to destroy builds, or remove items from their homes for Morrowind furniture.

I bought the island UNFURNISHED as a guild home and found it already had about 150 furnishings as plants/rocks, meaning unless I wanted to kill all plant life on the island, I only had 550 item slots to work with.

Small items counting as much towards the item cap as larger ones means you also lose out by having detail-oriented builds. I've seen homes that had really incredible living rooms or yards, but the rest of the property was empty because of the cap.

The cap on mounts and pets is also a problem. It's 10 on the island and much lower in non-notable homes. Meanwhile there is more than 50 mounts and pets in the game, and more are continued to be added while the cap remains the same.

Buying more homes is not a solution since players can only have one primary residence at a time.

Either increase the item cap, or allow for it to be upgraded with gold like bag space.
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why is this island considered as a "house", its clearly an area and we should be allowed to ride there!

If you look on your map, the island is in an area that hasn't been released yet. My guess is that you will eventually be able to swim there, or maybe buy a bridge. You can see the far shore when you swim out.
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormahawk wrote: »
    I agree that 700 slots is not enough for the island. Actually it's not enough for most homes except really small ones. The item cap will also hurt furniture added in Morrowind since people will reluctant to destroy builds, or remove items from their homes for Morrowind furniture.

I bought the island UNFURNISHED as a guild home and found it already had about 150 furnishings as plants/rocks, meaning unless I wanted to kill all plant life on the island, I only had 550 item slots to work with.

Small items counting as much towards the item cap as larger ones means you also lose out by having detail-oriented builds. I've seen homes that had really incredible living rooms or yards, but the rest of the property was empty because of the cap.

The cap on mounts and pets is also a problem. It's 10 on the island and much lower in non-notable homes. Meanwhile there is more than 50 mounts and pets in the game, and more are continued to be added while the cap remains the same.

Buying more homes is not a solution since players can only have one primary residence at a time.

Either increase the item cap, or allow for it to be upgraded with gold like bag space.

This is precisely why I kept the Ebonheart Chateau as a guild hall
    Options
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evan8642 wrote: »
    Please add more than 700 spaces. @ZOS_GinaBruno , i paid $125 bucks on crowns to purchase this house (which was overpriced, and i had to trick myself into thinking i was just buying x2 new xbox games from gamestop) and there are so many limitations to this area, such as not being able to scale the volcano, and although you can vist most of the map, its tricky in some spots... , or not being able to move the mini boat, This area has SO MUCH potential yet i feel 700 spots isn't quite cutting it. Please consider doubling this to at least 1400 considering this is twice if no the size of daggerfall and earthtear cavern.

He needs more prims!! (SecondLife people know what I'm talkin about ROFL) :trollface:
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
    Options