Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Trying to find a recipe

Galtavok
Galtavok
I recently got a master provisioning writ to craft a Velothi View Vintage Malbec. I can't seem to find it at guild traders and Google isn't helping much either, other than it might have been added in the orsinium dlc.

How do I get it? Can I buy it off a vendor somehwere? Is it a random world drop in Wrothgar? Is it a quest reward?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its just a regular recipe, think it got added with Orsinuum but its not one of the 4 quest ones they all start with the Orc lady's name Organza.. Something.

No recipes are bound so think traders are you only way bar RNG scavenging everything you find in hope.

What platform are you?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go here https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade Search the recipe by name. I bought it from a guild trader last week by searching TCC. I am PC NA.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on May 2, 2017 12:28PM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also try putting out a zone request for someone to make it for you. I've heard but haven't done it that all you need too turn it in ,you aren't required to make it
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also try putting out a zone request for someone to make it for you. I've heard but haven't done it that all you need too turn it in ,you aren't required to make it

That works for regular writs but if it is a master writ, if I'm not mistaken, you must make it yourself.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Galtavok
    Galtavok
    Thanks alot everyone!

That link is very helpful. I'm PC EU, gonna do a similar search for my platform and go find one of those traders.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That works for normal writs. Master writs have to be made by the character that accepted the writ.

Unless something has changed recently, vouchers aren't account wide. I wanted my main crafter who has all the new motifs I find to get the vouchers because I wanted the ebony motif, and wasn't sure if the motif worked like the vouchers. If the motif could only be used by the character that got it, I didn't want that character to be my main provisioner. My main crafter who got all the motifs is not my main provisioner who got all the recipes first. It took a few days and several helpful guildmates to find the recipe I needed for my main crafter to make the Orcrest Agony Pale Ale for the masterwrit. It was worth it in the end, because it did get me enough vouchers for the ebony motif. Of course, my main provisioner did already have the recipe..... Slowly attempting to even up the recipes and writs between my two main crafters. Both already have maxed alchemy and enchanting. Doing the nirn research on the one that doesn't have all the motifs yet.... :sigh: someday....

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is good luck. Same boat here with all these purple recipies.....Venders have dried up and drops are like a zero chance in you know where.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the rarest purple master writ recipe. I've been doing max provisioning writs on 6-8 toons most every single day for over a year and I got it one time. That's one drop in over 3,000 writs.

Honestly, you will come out ahead if you sell it, or dump the quest and spend the time you'd spend looking for the recipe picking up a rare motif, selling that, then buying a master writ you can complete.

I did the math recently...a purple c160 drink recipe drops like every 1200 writs. Then they're needed to do master writs so they don't last in guild stores, and when they're available they cost 75k+ (on PS4 na).
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be time to post a bug report @davey1107
    Pretty sure they do not wish the recipe drop RNG to perform like that.
    Post your stats in the bug forum, hopefully it will prompt a dev to look at their drop data for certain recipies & implement a fix, like they did for some of the rarer furniture recipes.