Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

class question.

darbok
darbok
Soul Shriven
I admit I'm a moderate at best player, I like playing healers but and i could just be missing it, there doesn't seem to be as many dungeons or group opportunities for healers in ESO as say WoW. So I was wondering what is a strong solo class? I'm playing a templar in light armor, which could be a huge mistake. I don't know much about the end game, there maybe a lot of healing opportunities there. THX
  • playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭
    best solo class is magic sorc by a long way, as for healing you've like 15-20 dungeons you can do just press p and go to the dungeon finder and they're all there normal ones which are level 10 upwards and vet ones you can do at level 45 upwards, also your best off jumping in a active guild they'll shout a lot for healers in dungeons and normal trials and vet trials etc

if your healing stick stick with Templar best healers in the game atm.
    Edited by playsforfun on May 1, 2017 2:38PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Templars are best healers and more than decent in soloing or even in (magicka) dpsing if you choose to give that a try. You'll be fine ;)

If you're just soloing open world, just spam Puncturing Sweeps really. It's aoe, it's decent damage, it heals you. You can sweep your way through most everything in open world, even half of the world bosses. Use Channeled Focus for that extra bit of sustain and strurdiness too once you get it, and if something one shots you still, use Annulment - active skill from the light armor skill tree, damage absorbing shield. It scales with your max magicka so can be really strong on a healer.

There're quite a few changes coming with Morrowind, some of them unnecessary imo, but templars will survive I think, even if they will be slightly weaker/less unique.
    Edited by Magdalina on May 3, 2017 5:57PM
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    As for right now I'd say Templar is one of the better classes for solo play.

+ It's the only class that comes with a self heal and DoT removal
    + It's main spammable is an AoE
    + Has a moderate amount of buffs
    + Potentially the best DPS mixed with Support classes their is.

I'd easily say pre-Morrowind this is the most noob friendly class in the game.

As for Post-Morrowind, I cannot really say. Things are still being tested and tweaked both at the developer and player level. Though I can be sure on one thing, things are about to change. Personally I'd stick to your class and re-roll once Morrowind hits, that way you'll level faster (apparently quest reward XP gain will be increased) and you won't have to worry about your class being nerfed like a lot of us are. The new character should be aple opportunity too to get the hang of a new play style.
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    My main is a Templar Imperial (not the best choice for Templar). I am on PS4 but I run the dungeon finder for random dungeons and find one within seconds. My other characters (NBs, MKs,) take FOREVER to find a random dungeon. Once you get up to CP levels, you will feel like you are doing more for your group. Sometimes I will go with lower level players and not even attack :D I will just heal them and let them do all the work.
    PS4/NA
    Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
    Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
    Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
    Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
    Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31