The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's been 16 months...

usmcjdking
usmcjdking
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
And the VMA shield is still complete trash.

HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE IT USEFUL?
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    What are you playing on? I'm on Xbox and have been doing vma for awhile and the shield buff is amazing. It's like cost-free wings that last longer and I use it as much as I can.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RT_Frank wrote: »
    What are you playing on? I'm on Xbox and have been doing vma for awhile and the shield buff is amazing. It's like cost-free wings that last longer and I use it as much as I can.

The loot - not the sigil lol
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol.
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

Oh lol. Could've specified but whatever. Yeah idk why they even have the shield have a different enchantment. They could do something similar to the axes and daggers where having both items drop and give pretty decent enchantments. But then again there's a lot that ZOS needs to fix.
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I broke mine down. Hopefully they never make it good or I'll be upset lol
  • VonSwaego
    VonSwaego
    ✭✭✭
    Volrion wrote: »
    Yeah I broke mine down. Hopefully they never make it good or I'll be upset lol

Wouldn't worry about deconstructing them. If they ever do become viable, I doubt the change would be retroactive. They would definitely make you grind maelstrom again. :p
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh lol. Could've specified but whatever. Yeah idk why they even have the shield have a different enchantment. They could do something similar to the axes and daggers where having both items drop and give pretty decent enchantments. But then again there's a lot that ZOS needs to fix.

@RT_Frank

He kinda did specify when he said the VMA shield, just like if someone said the VMA inferno staff.
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭

@RT_Frank

He kinda did specify when he said the VMA shield, just like if someone said the VMA inferno staff.

Oh right it definitely is similar. Completely forgot about the inferno staff buff you can get in vma that could cause that confusion...

I've just done vma so many times that when I think shield, I immediately think of the buff rather than the crappy item. There's a few posts that talk about when and what buffs to use, but this is the first post I've seen talking about the shield's set so sorry for assuming the more common of the two... (Honestly, I just completely forgot that a shield can drop in vma since it get deconstructed immediately).
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgive me ignorance, but couldn't you just re-enchant them?
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I interpreted it the same way.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The enchantment of vMA weapons is what makes them special, applying a new enchantment would make it like any other non-set drop.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@RT_Frank

Oh right it definitely is similar. Completely forgot about the inferno staff buff you can get in vma that could cause that confusion...

I've just done vma so many times that when I think shield, I immediately think of the buff rather than the crappy item. There's a few posts that talk about when and what buffs to use, but this is the first post I've seen talking about the shield's set so sorry for assuming the more common of the two... (Honestly, I just completely forgot that a shield can drop in vma since it get deconstructed immediately).

You were the only person who misunderstood, stop trying to blame other people/ being snippy about it. Just be embarrassed and move on.
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

The enchantment of vMA weapons is what makes them special, applying a new enchantment would make it like any other non-set drop.

That's the weird thing about the shield that I think OP is making. I could be wrong but the shield drops as a set piece and doesn't really get a unique enchantment. Why ZOS did this I'll never know.

@RT_Frank

You were the only person who misunderstood, stop trying to blame other people/ being snippy about it. Just be embarrassed and move on.

Literally just admitted that I forgot a maelstrom shield exists, but hey thanks for not contributing to the conversation ;)
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's already bad enough the one handers off low slash is barely used adding a shield that has purpose would be great to use both. But dude...tri stat enchantment is op(literally what people tell me smh).
    The Flyers