Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Class skill lines vs. Weapon skill lines is one better?

jaron_edow
jaron_edow
✭✭
So I've gotten two characters to virtually lvl 40 and I always feel like in the higher levels is when I notice my lack of strategy behind my character's skill lines. I wanted to know what other people use out there. I seem to always gravitate towards more weapon skills than class skills but I didn't know if that was the same for everyone or if it really even matters.

Yes I know everything depends on what you are trying to build... I am just curious if one or the other is indisputably better(if so for what roles) and if I'm the only one who gravitates towards weapon lines with very little class skills in my hot bars.
  • vMaick
    vMaick
    ✭✭✭
    Generally speaking Magicka users use more class abilities and Stamina users use more weapon abilities.
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    What classes are your two characters?

I have a stamblade and stamDK, who both use mostly class skills.
  • jaron_edow
    jaron_edow
    ✭✭
    I guess from what I've noticed (DK, Temp, Sorc) their class skills are all magicka based. Where all weapon skill lines are stamina based. Are there any classes that have stamina based class skill lines?
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaron_edow wrote: »
    I guess from what I've noticed (DK, Temp, Sorc) their class skills are all magicka based. Where all weapon skill lines are stamina based. Are there any classes that have stamina based class skill lines?

You can morph certain class skills into stamina ones.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Night blades have lots of stamina class abilities:

Ambush
    Killers blade
    Surprise attack
    Relentless focus
    Power extraction
    Leeching strikes (as of morrowind patch)

All other classes also have stamina morphs of their abilities, but I don't think they have as many.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally, class abilities are better. There are exceptions to this (wall of elements) but these are exceptions. The general rule is that class abilities are better.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally speaking its hard to say which abilities are "better", it all depends on the purpose of the build.
    For example for PvP the best spammable DPS skill for stamina is suprise attack by far, but when you want to do serious PvE DPS, you wont get around using flurry for those maelstrom weapon buffs.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no better one. Depend if ur stam or magic.