Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Edetic Memory help

Ikoshin
Ikoshin
Soul Shriven
I am trying to fill in missing items from my Eidetic Memory and I need Smuggler's Note in Mathiisen Forge in Aurdon, I know it is in the smugglers tunnel However I have already completed quest that sends you into Mathiisen ages ago. I did not know about it when I did the quest and i have no idea how to get back in to get the lore. Is the area quest only? Is there a way to get the lore or did i miss it forever? if so i will be very disappointed. :(

Update: Someone in game pointed me to a boat around on the north side of the island that had the lore! :relieved: Thanks!
If anyone has tips on Lore for Edetic memory it would be helpful too.
Edited by Ikoshin on April 30, 2017 5:39PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only tip I have would be to get the add-on "Lorebooks" if you haven't already.
  • Theryl
    Theryl
    ✭✭✭
    Lorebooks is a great add on. You should also take a look at this thread which has a lot of discussion about missing/misplaced lore books.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, your eidetic memory won't be in 100% complete because there are around 15-20 bugged and unobtainable lorebooks. But still most of them you can find with Lorebooks addon. I have 97% books collected and it really pisses me off that I can't find them all. And in Morrowind patch notes there was no word about fixing bugged lorebooks. :(
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Sadly, your eidetic memory won't be in 100% complete because there are around 15-20 bugged and unobtainable lorebooks. But still most of them you can find with Lorebooks addon. I have 97% books collected and it really pisses me off that I can't find them all. And in Morrowind patch notes there was no word about fixing bugged lorebooks. :(

Or the bugged achievements....

No point in playing if everything is ******** bugged and can't be completed.

Sick of ZOS excuses for 6+ months or longer...
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

Very true. I am also collecting books and determined there are several that are bugged, either through misplacement or locked behind doors that you can no longer access after you have completed the quest. I have submitted tickets (plural) on the subject, and indicated on the ticket that I have performed internet research and scoured the forums for solutions with no luck. The response I got back was to check internet sites and the official forums for assistance. Their response tells me very clearly that ZOS is not interested in providing assistance.
    (50) Quigster Bosmer Stamplar
    (50) Lorithar Lightcrest Altmer Mag Sorc
    (50) Tanius Magnitus Argonian Magplar
    (50) Kalethar Redguard Stamplar
    (50) Ra'Jo Darkstrike Khajiit Stamblade
    (50) Gen Maximus Imperial Stam DK
    (50) Jakon Fenrif Redguar Stam Sorc
    (50) Revus Meredor Dunmer Mag DK
    (50) Gorath the Silent Orc Stamblade
    (31) Bjorn Ironhand Nord Stamplar
    (28) Lord Devin Woodhearth Breton Magblade
    Altaholic, CP 600+
  • Ikoshin
    Ikoshin
    Soul Shriven
    I have found 2 I cant get in Auridon after hunting books all day there, Grim Jest and Hearts and Flowers Both show they are in Castle Rilis area. I cant enter the quest instance any longer So I guess I'm screwed out of getting those. The lore system in game seems very flawed I didn't realize i would have this much trouble with it. I would imagine them putting books outside of instances that you can only go in under special circumstances. Very Frustrated about the whole thing now.

Update:
    I was trying to get into the wrong door, I was able to get these lore books by going into the "Antechamber" instance area shown to me by a helpful player. I was trying to get in through another instance door that was near the NPC woman.
    Edited by Ikoshin on May 2, 2017 9:27PM