The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Morrowind questions..

agc8602
agc8602
Soul Shriven
Hello, I have ESO on PS4 but I also have to contend with a 150GB data cap per month so I was wondering a few questions about the upcoming release of Morrowind.

1) Has a file size been announced?
2) If I buy the retail version, does that include an updated disc or will it be like Destiny (base ESO disc + code for Morrowind)?
3) I've been meaning to return to the game since One Tamriel released but due to various issues it hasn't worked out yet. Will Morrowind require a certain level or are you free to explore once you own it?

Thanks in advance for any help!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about all platforms, but I bought the PC collectors edition (physical) and was informed Morrowind was with the base game... So I'm guessing it's not a base get plus code (where you then could give a friend the base game)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no level requirement for Morrowind content. If you take a look at the last two ESO Live episodes, you'll see there's a new starter boat (similar to soul shriven) for new characters that want to start out in Morrowind.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 30, 2017 4:07PM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't believe I've seen any physical versions that only include the Morrowind expansion. So if you already have the base game, then I think you have to purchase a download code for the expansion itself.

As for the expansion file size, I don't believe there has been any word on it; however I really doubt it will be more than 10-20 gb.
    Edited by Stovahkiin on April 30, 2017 4:10PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • agc8602
    agc8602
    Soul Shriven
    MissBizz wrote: »
    So I'm guessing it's not a base get plus code (where you then could give a friend the base game)

I can clarify about this so you know! ESO on PS4 works that if you've bought the game retail, you have to have the disc in the drive. Looking over the PSN store before I posted this, Morrowind is listed as an add-on, so even if I do buy it digitally I would still need the disc in order to play the game. I guess Activision just wanted to be cheap cause if you buy the Destiny Collection for example, it is base Destiny with no updates on disc and then just codes for the add-ons. I can't share the disc or I wouldn't be able to play.

There's no level requirement for Morrowind content. If you take a look at the last two ESO Live episodes, you'll see there's a new starter quest (similar to soul shriven) for new characters that want to start out in Morrowind.

Oh cool.. I don't really watch streams at all so I completely missed this. Thanks for the heads up!