Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elegance vs Lich

SPE825
SPE825
✭✭✭
Right now, I run Spinner and Lich in PvP. Lich is obviously for the sustain. With the general nerf to resources in Morrowind, would I get a better return on resources if I switched my Lich to Elegance?

I'm just wondering if since we're all going to be weaving in light and heavy attacks anyway if it's not a better choice since it will also boost DPS with that sets 5 piece bonus. Plus some points in the staff expert CP tree as well if course.

Keep in mind I'm talking PvP here.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm The returns on heavy attacks don't give that much compared to the Lich 5 piece and testing would only give feedback on how much I personally light and heavy attack . I would keep Lich over elegance but you should test it . What class by the way ?
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i dont get the trade off aspect.

Lich is a backbar set - swap to once a minute to trigger its 5pc - then back to front bar for full spinner goodness.
    Elegance is a front bar set - stay on it when you arr raining heavy or light attacks thru staves or overload.

Seems to me the competition for your slots should be not lich vs elegance but spinners vs elegance - as those are both "on the offensive" sets.

not sure if overload is helped by elegance at the moment - havent used it in a patch or two so never bet - but if it did then a plan of dealing with low magica by elegance front and lich back so you can:
    1. swap to backbar to trigger lich
    2. swap to front bar
    3. overload - using ulti for a while as the lich does its magica regain thing
    4. then when the ulti is dry go back to magica using stuff recovering the ulti
    5. lather rinse repeat.

But again overload was clunky and had counterplay so not as ideal.

but lich vs elegance doesn't seem to be to be the decision point.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm The returns on heavy attacks don't give that much compared to the Lich 5 piece and testing would only give feedback on how much I personally light and heavy attack . I would keep Lich over elegance but you should test it . What class by the way ?

Magsorc. But what was said above also makes sense in terms of front and back bar sets. I run it like that now with Lich on the back bar.

So now I'm wondering if the penetration of Spinner vs better light/heavy attacks would work better for me in PvP. I'm guessing the penetration with all of the Impen out there. Plus, light and heavy attacking seems boring as hell.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPE825 wrote: »

Magsorc. But what was said above also makes sense in terms of front and back bar sets. I run it like that now with Lich on the back bar.

So now I'm wondering if the penetration of Spinner vs better light/heavy attacks would work better for me in PvP. I'm guessing the penetration with all of the Impen out there. Plus, light and heavy attacking seems boring as hell.

It's easy to go over penetration and then that becomes wasted damage . On a Magsorc I normally weave in a couple lights and one heavy attack occasionally . That would not be enough for me to justify elegant . I was just recently playing around with a Martial Knowledge set on test because of the way rotate abilities . Still haven't decided I like it though .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on April 30, 2017 4:17PM
  • SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    It's been a long time since I considered Martial Knowledge. I guess there are a lot of options to accompany Lich.

Admitadlly, I have set ADD. I get one set and think another is cool and farm that one. I need to pick something and stick to it.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When resource costs went up (DB?) I backbarred DW and went Elegance for this reason, if using staff weaving might as well get a gain for it. But U13 wrecking Overload then put me off it again so its shelved collecting rust. Might dust off for U14 but think plenty of better sustain options
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP