The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Out for Vengeance! (But Need Some Suggestions)

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
For the past 6 or 7 days I have been squaring off against one particular player, a shield-stacking CP600 sorcerer, while questing at Cropsford. He usually gets the best of me in combat, which isn't too big of a deal because I'll choose to simply fire up my Nightblade character and stealth around to complete the quests if I don't feel like battling him. But today I had my eye on him while questing and watched him repeatedly t-bag sub-CP300 players who were trying to avoid him and complete their quests. Now I'm annoyed.

Please help me construct a build that will be effective against this shield-stacking sorcerer. I've been researching the Shield Breaker set but I'm not sure what other sets to pair it with, which weapons would be ideal, and which class would be most effective. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

My preliminary thought is to use a bow (so I can attack quickly with light attacks) and to use a DK so I can use wings against his magicka attacks. Also, do wings reflect Haunting Curse? I assume they reflect Crystal Frags.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wings only reflect Frags. As a DK, you will have no defense against Curse except out shield/heal it because it's not blockable or dodgeable either. (Balanced.) If he's running a destro staff, you can reflect Reach but not Crushing shock. You can't reflect Meteor anymore either.

Just want to kill him? NB gank build, never leave stealth and be patient until his shields drop. If he's running defensive rune, pop an immovable beforehand.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You won't need shield breaker.

Stamplar is the best counter to mag sorc. You can time potl burst to basically 1 shot him when shields drop. You can purify his damage(not when he curses, when he pre-executes trying to proc the frag, this will remove the curse and the execute debuff)

Run a heavy armor damage based set, troll king, and whatever other 5pc. Your healing and health regen from troll king will let you face tank his burst.

Run cost increase poisons and CC him on cool down, make sure you keep your buffs and dots up and time your burst for when his shields are about to drop.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on April 30, 2017 3:49PM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Stamplar is the best counter to mag sorc. You can time potl burst to basically 1 shot him when shields drop. You can purify his damage(not when he curses, when he pre-executes trying to proc the frag, this will remove the curse and the execute debuff)

Run a heavy armor damage based set, troll king, and whatever other 5pc. Your healing and health regen from troll king will let you face tank his burst.

Run cost increase poisons and CC him on cool down, make sure you keep your buffs and dots up and time your burst for when his shields are about to drop.

Dusted off my Stamina Templar - I like the idea of being able to cleanse the curse and execute. Now it's just a matter of choosing my 5 piece set (I currently have Briarheart, but it's going to be useless against non-crit shields).
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a lot of players don't particularly like this set up. But Shield Breaker and Marksman combo. I ran this build when Meth was Emp on that sorc of his. All you have to do is get him from stealth heavy attack and then poison inject him. Stack weapon damage and stay at range. He will run and will learn the hard way not to come back. Cheese build but extremely effective.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Dusted off my Stamina Templar - I like the idea of being able to cleanse the curse and execute. Now it's just a matter of choosing my 5 piece set (I currently have Briarheart, but it's going to be useless against non-crit shields).

You can proc briarheart on shields, but its a bad stamplar set because you already have access to lots of healing. You have major mending combined with Vigor+Rally+Ritual and potentially blood craze if you're using DW.

The best bet for beating a mag sorc is to wear 5 heavy so that his burst cannot put you into execute range with 1 combo, this means he'll have to continue to pressure you or never be able to kill you. When he gets over aggressive you can easily melt him with one combo.

Apply DoTs, apply potl, medium attack+javelin(or DBoS), jabs, profit.

Some gear options include:
    Ravager, Fury, Heavy Alchemist, Heavy hundings, Hulking draugr(jewels+2 pcs so you can still get 5 heavy).
    Edited by Lexxypwns on May 1, 2017 2:39PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can proc briarheart on shields, but its a bad stamplar set because you already have access to lots of healing. You have major mending combined with Vigor+Rally+Ritual and potentially blood craze if you're using DW.

The best bet for beating a mag sorc is to wear 5 heavy so that his burst cannot put you into execute range with 1 combo, this means he'll have to continue to pressure you or never be able to kill you. When he gets over aggressive you can easily melt him with one combo.

Apply DoTs, apply potl, medium attack+javelin(or DBoS), jabs, profit.

Some gear options include:
    Ravager, Fury, Heavy Alchemist, Heavy hundings, Hulking draugr(jewels+2 pcs so you can still get 5 heavy).

ravager + alchemist or fury + seventh are some solid combis for a dw setup.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the past 6 or 7 days I have been squaring off against one particular player, a shield-stacking CP600 sorcerer, while questing at Cropsford. He usually gets the best of me in combat, which isn't too big of a deal because I'll choose to simply fire up my Nightblade character and stealth around to complete the quests if I don't feel like battling him. But today I had my eye on him while questing and watched him repeatedly t-bag sub-CP300 players who were trying to avoid him and complete their quests. Now I'm annoyed.

Please help me construct a build that will be effective against this shield-stacking sorcerer. I've been researching the Shield Breaker set but I'm not sure what other sets to pair it with, which weapons would be ideal, and which class would be most effective. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

My preliminary thought is to use a bow (so I can attack quickly with light attacks) and to use a DK so I can use wings against his magicka attacks. Also, do wings reflect Haunting Curse? I assume they reflect Crystal Frags.

Wait till you see him and add a reward for the kill to zone chat...
    No matter the alliance, i am willing to add a few coins for that too.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alfredhitchcock1.jpg

ugh, i so want in on this - wish i had an xbone...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    But today I had my eye on him while questing and watched him repeatedly t-bag sub-CP300 players who were trying to avoid him and complete their quests. Now I'm annoyed.

Sound like a complete ass-hat. Getting a few people in zone chat to show up and trash him would probably be best.

Otherwise, as a magicka sorc myself, I'd say that my biggest problems are with people that are able to drain me of my Stamina, using either poison or CCs.

As a last resort, if it's just for questing, you might want to play on a different campaign that might be less prone to resource-camping.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform/campaign are you in. Are you on Xbox?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @GrumpyDuckling any word?
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @GrumpyDuckling any word?

This week I had a heavy front-loaded work week so I haven't played since Saturday. I'll be able to play tomorrow (Thursday), as well as the next 5 days and I'll let you know how it goes!

Two nights ago I logged on and prepared both my Stamina Nightblade and my Stamina Templar for combat!
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »

Xbox, NA, and Scourge.
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »

Xbox, NA, and Scourge.

What alliance is he and what alliance are you? If you send me his GT I could hunt him down no matter the alliance since I feel the pain of once getting ganked every night.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only way is to confront this individual head on. Show confidence. A swift right hook to the jaw and then an atomic wedgie should do the trick.
  • Turtl3Lov3
    Turtl3Lov3
    ✭✭✭✭
    10k gold and I'll kill him for you all day.