The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mag/Stam weapon trait

Code2501
Code2501
✭✭✭✭
I always thought it odd that due to the design of ESO it ended up that you use staves almost exclusively if your mag focused and other if your stam. One of my favourite classic night blade builds in oblivion and Skyrim was dagger and spell with a bow for sniping.
The reason for this is the way ESO skills were set up as Mag/Stam split and damage is dependent on one or the other.
While there have been many attempts to work around this for 'Hybrids' I think a simpler solution is being passed up, one that involves crafting.

To truly enable players to 'play how they want to play...

Why not have a crafting trait that makes the weapon damage scale off and resource return the alternate type, i.e. a sword that scales of spell damage and returns magicka on heavy or a resto staff that scales weapon damage off and returns stamina... to make it so this type of inversion could be applied to drops as well make a crafted trait change kit, enabling players to replace the weapon trait for dropped items, consuming a larger number of the trait material (i.e.50 fire opal for one sharpening trait changer)
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Other wise nice idea but it would have one major defect. The melee weapons with "convert to magicka" trait would lack the true benefits of traits. It would need some sort of damageboost or other interesting effect in addition to resource conversion.
    Edited by Sinolai on April 30, 2017 10:52AM