The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] Available Woodworking Crafting Writ(s) Do Not Match PC's Current Woodworking Passive's Rank

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
So, I invested a Skill Point to increase Ace Giatro's Woodworking - Woodworking passive to Rank 6. Afterward, when he found Wood nodes, he obtained pieces of Rough Birch to refine into Sanded Birch. The Woodworking Workstation UI also shows that he can make weapons and shields with Sanded Birch.

Nonetheless, when he subsequently obtained a Woodworking Crafting Writ from a Notice Board, the Writ specified making bows, staves, and/or shields with Sanded Yew, which is used to craft Rank 5 weapons and shields. Abandoning the Writ had no effect, the same Writ was still offered. The next day, which now begins at 02:00 AM EDST on the NA "megaserver", the Rank 5 Writ was offered again. A Woodworking Crafting Writ to craft Rank 6 bows, staves and/or shields with Sanded Birch has not been offered since. (Note the date each screenshot was made.)

6lzhq09ejx5o.png

uqnvpaamgqv0.png

c3o4yssewokf.png

That said, I don't know when the ZOS development team broke a feature which worked correctly until they did, but the error probably occurred while eliminating the Veteran Rank system. Doing so re-defined each range of Levels between 1 and 50 for which each type of corresponding sanded Wood is used. If that is indeed the case, why has the ZOS development team ignored this bug for so long? It totally disrupts the paradigm, and I have no idea as to how to cause the software to offer Woodworking Crafting Writs to craft items for my character's current passive Woodworking Rank.

Edited by Shadowshire on April 30, 2017 5:30AM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi