The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playing ESO on i7-7700k

Xenofex
Xenofex
✭✭
Hello,
I have upgraded my PC (AMD fx-8350) to Intel i7-7700k (kaby lake). I am using my old GPU GTX-970.

PC upgrade has made a huge difference. This game is finally playable in Cyrodil and I am experiencing 40+ FPS in Cyrodil.
Flawless Conquer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a fellow i7 user, I'd suggest turning your hyper-threading off if, in the future, you encounter stuttering of any kind in the game. Mine didn't play well with ESO until it was off.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My relic of a laptop gets more FPS in PvP than you for some reason.

Interesting.

You just pooped all over this guy's victory thread.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a first gen i7... I can't seem to fix my constant fps drops.
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xenofex wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have upgraded my PC (AMD fx-8350) to Intel i7-7700k (kaby lake). I am using my old GPU GTX-970.

PC upgrade has made a huge difference. This game is finally playable in Cyrodil and I am experiencing 40+ FPS in Cyrodil.

Yes, single core speed is king for ESO, as it's quite archaic.

AMD CPUs, as you most likely know, are architecturally very weak at single core performance, as they don't have geniune multiple cores to spread threads across, so you can get collisions and resource contention on die.

• Jollygoodusername
    Jollygoodusername
    ✭✭✭
    My granpappy 2500k is almost ready for retirement, one more generation I think. Kaby looks like it's on the right track, even Ryzen is an improvement. Either way, I don't expect results in game from upgrading hardware, the Hero Engine cares not.