The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

State of Magicka NB? And other classes

mikejezz
mikejezz
✭✭✭✭
So I have a 30 NB and a 37 DK, and right now, even though I know that the DK is much higher level, my DK just crush everything, while my NB really struggles. Is this normal?

Also, I'm thinking about leveling a Sorcerer, but are they good as magicka ranged?

Templar I have no really interest in, but can anyone make some sort of list that shows the best class to the worst atm? Also in Morrowind, if possible?
  • Lavennin
    Lavennin
    ✭✭✭
    You mean leveling? My NB is around that level but doing fine. I don't kill stuff as fast as say, a sorcerer, but fast enough. And I'm unkillable...
    Don't know anything about dungeons, though.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best is maybe sorc (both kinds).
    Will see where the Warden places.
    Then a bunch of classes who are equally gimped right now until we figure it out.
    Worst is probably magblade.

The question is which class is easier to play is wildly subjective. Maybe dk is easier for you because the playstyle fits you better.
    But sorc probably wins here as well.
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love my NB cus I love the rogue playstyle, but my magblade just feels so weak. Will it be the same when Morrowind hits?

Will it change when he gets max level?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mikejezz wrote: »
    I love my NB cus I love the rogue playstyle, but my magblade just feels so weak. Will it be the same when Morrowind hits?

I would love to say yes. But probably not. He can be geared to be stronger of course, but nightblade, and magblade in particular, is an acquired taste... I wouldn't play anything else, but it's definitely not for everyone.
    Edited by Jitterbug on April 29, 2017 3:16PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    For questing any class will do. For vet dungeons most any class is fine, but obviously sorc for dps will make it easier.

For general play not end game content, pick your fav. For pvp and end game, assuming you mean dps, go with sorc.
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    mikejezz wrote: »

I would love to day yes. But probably not. He can be geared to be stronger of course, but nightblade, and magblade in particular, is an acquired taste... I wouldn't play anything else, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Well I do like the playstyle of my NB, I just think he feels so weak atm compared to my DK. But I can hear that sadly won't change later when he turns 50.

What about in Morrowind?
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerfs to the classes you see are a result of a bunch of heroes who want their playstyle to be the most valid playstyle while other playstyles should be considered inferior and invalidated because.. reasons.

So they act like their playstyle is the hardest to pull off and everyone else is a pleb.

Truth of the matter is Zenimax almost listens TOO much to a lot of the forum posters here because they are ONLY looking out for themselves and not the game as a whole.

*shrugs*

NB is in its position because people actively worked to get it nerfed.

Now everyone is getting nerfed..

I actually like Wrobel more and more I think about it.
  • Lavennin
    Lavennin
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm NB feels pretty powerful to me. I don't mean how much damage he deals, but the playstyle itself feels so good I won't call it weak.
    I'll never switch to any other class no matter how much nerf NB gets. The playstyle is just too good. So if you worry about it, maybe play DK. Expect NB to not get a buff for a long time...