The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

One Tamriel Update was the point where friend list cap of 100 should be increased

Rinmaethodain
Rinmaethodain
✭✭✭✭✭
Before One Tamriel, players generally had contact on daily basis only with players from same faction. Sure they could have characters in different factions or be in multi faction guilds but generally the playerbase they had contact with was 1/3 of total playerbase.

After One Tamriel and removing faction restriction, in general the amount of people an average player have contact with tripled. In consequence amount of social interactions also increased.

That's why the limit of 100 players on friend list (and possibly ignore list too) should have been increased at least to 200 or even more. Why it didn't happen?
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    ignore list
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore list needs to be expanded, friend list is fine remove all the ones that quit and you have plenty of room.

Like the saying a fool born every minute, the moronic questions from noobs too lazy to Google anything never stops.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    Ignore list needs to be expanded, friend list is fine remove all the ones that quit and you have plenty of room.

Like the saying a fool born every minute, the moronic questions from noobs too lazy to Google anything never stops.

Every single person on my friend list logged in at least once in last 3 days. Im a crafter that provides handful of services in many areas of game. People like to keep me close to them and only way to do so in ESO is to add to friends. Im certain that other fellow crafters/sellers/buyers and business people of tamriel feel the same way.

Every week i have to remove 10-15 people from my friend list even if they are actively playing and we traded in last few days (i keep track in my friend notes when was last time we traded/contacted - my own effort at mitigating the issue) and week after that my friend list is back at full capacity again.

So yeah, im doing what i can to help with this issue but its not enough. Players Friend list needs to be expanded to accommodate for increased social interactions caused by One Tamriel playerbase unification.
  • April
    April
    ✭✭✭
    +1 to this

As a crafter in furntiure, armour, and pots, I have to remove at least 5-10 people EVERY DAY to make room for new customers.. it's getting increasingly difficult trying to figure out who to remove and who to keep every time.
    Guild: Just Some Guild

Ysmira - VR16 Dragonknight - AD - Former Empress [Thornblade NA Cycles 2-3]
    Vanarra - VR16 Templar - AD - Stormproof
    Seraffina - VR16 Nightblade - AD - Stormproof
    Cellestina - VR16 Dragonknight - AD - Stormproof
    Celestina Warbeck - VR16 Sorcerer - AD - Stormproof
    Elleyana - VR16 Templar - AD
    Freiya - VR16 Stam Temp - AD
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you need to add them all as friends? Seems an odd way to do things. Game has guilds for that function.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Henryc1t807
    Henryc1t807
    ✭✭
    I have no friends
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed needs to allow room for more...alot more
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be fixed in Morrowind when 2/3 of the playerbase quits.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SickDuck wrote: »
    Will be fixed in Morrowind when 2/3 of the playerbase quits.

Good one :p

But seriously, the game advances, evolves and goes forward yet things like this are still where they were 3 years ago. Its time for friend/block list to catch up.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    100 cap is restrictive. I imagine many of us who have been playing ESO for a while have to constantly delete people to add someone new, and other people can't send us friend requests.
  • April
    April
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Why do you need to add them all as friends? Seems an odd way to do things. Game has guilds for that function.

Most people are also full on guilds, and I doubt most of them would want to join a guild anyway just to buy armor/furniture/pots off of one specific person
    Guild: Just Some Guild

Ysmira - VR16 Dragonknight - AD - Former Empress [Thornblade NA Cycles 2-3]
    Vanarra - VR16 Templar - AD - Stormproof
    Seraffina - VR16 Nightblade - AD - Stormproof
    Cellestina - VR16 Dragonknight - AD - Stormproof
    Celestina Warbeck - VR16 Sorcerer - AD - Stormproof
    Elleyana - VR16 Templar - AD
    Freiya - VR16 Stam Temp - AD