The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Allow server transfers.

Tyrrean
Tyrrean
✭✭
I'm a longtime player of ESO; I've played actively since launch, spent too much money on this game, and I'm a well known face in the RP community. For all that time I've played on the European Megasever, yet now it's come to the point where I need to switch to the North American Megasever. That is where the problem comes in. To gather and buy what I have on the EU megaserver would be a grand fiscal and time consuming undertaking, one I cannot physically do in any short period of time. Thus, I ask that ZOS implement the ability to switch Megasevers. I don't even care if it costs. I want to be able to continue playing ESO, I don't want to have to cancel my pre-order of Morrowind and my sub because I can no longer play the game.

Please ZOS, any help in this matter would be truly appreciated.
Edited by Tyrrean on April 29, 2017 3:24AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's absurd that they don't have this feature. Every game offers it.

You can charge for it (most games do), but just offer it.
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still play the game. You just have double the fun grinding everything again. If you subscribe you have all dlcs on both servers.

You dont need to buy them with a sub. So just buy morrowind and sub and have your friends help you grind up to speed and put the crowns from the sub to horse training.
  • Tyrrean
    Tyrrean
    ✭✭
    scorpiodog wrote: »
    You can still play the game. You just have double the fun grinding everything again. If you subscribe you have all dlcs on both servers.

You dont need to buy them with a sub. So just buy morrowind and sub and have your friends help you grind up to speed and put the crowns from the sub to horse training.

For most people, doing three years worth of grinding again isn't fun. Nor is having to buy all your crownstore purchases again, not even mentioning the items that can longer be purchased because they've been removed.

Having a server transfer would make things easier for those who are having to move country, or wish to play with friends on the other servers.

As mentioned as well, it's more than reasonable for ZOS to charge for this. I'd willingly pay.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently rerolled on EU.

Wasn't too bad. You can still play on EU, just get some lag..... Or is the time difference what ails you?
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally think that all purchased items in the crown store (excluding consumables) should be literally account wide, across both servers for the given platform. Also yes I agree with a service that you pay for to transfer your character / bank data over.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Almosy every MMO allows, not sure why ESO can not?
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be pretty cool if there was no barrier at all.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't think it's as simple as it seems although it would be great swapping servers but it may take a bit of cooperation between the parties or companies and you know about red tape :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrrean wrote: »
    I'm a longtime player of ESO; I've played actively since launch, spent too much money on this game, and I'm a well known face in the RP community. For all that time I've played on the European Megasever, yet now it's come to the point where I need to switch to the North American Megasever. That is where the problem comes in. To gather and buy what I have on the EU megaserver would be a grand fiscal and time consuming undertaking, one I cannot physically do in any short period of time. Thus, I ask that ZOS implement the ability to switch Megasevers. I don't even care if it costs. I want to be able to continue playing ESO, I don't want to have to cancel my pre-order of Morrowind and my sub because I can no longer play the game.

Question is, why exactly do you have to switch? Become too well known for the wrong reasons?
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Question is, why exactly do you have to switch? Become too well known for the wrong reasons?

In my case, because I moved from the UK to JP.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

Going to have junk ping on NA too lol
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, your ping is gonna be junk, the servers are on the east coast of the US.

EU server is about the same distance wise. My latency from here to the Aussie servers(which would be about as close to JP as I can get, geographically) for WoW is about 400 ms from here in Sweden. I'd imagine the same for JP to east coast US. My AU buddies got 300 ms regularly to Los Angeles from eastern Australia before they added OCE servers.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

Going to have junk ping on NA too lol

I have a friend who lives 2 miles away playing on NA and regularly gets 150-200ms pings. On EU mine ranges from 300-400. I'd like a chance at that 50% reduction in ping time thanks.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have done it before for PC players so we know that the capability is already there.
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmetzger93 wrote: »
    They have done it before for PC players so we know that the capability is already there.

No, they explicitly said the capability is not there.

The only reason they offered it ONCE was because PC players were transferring to console on an empty database. Essentially, the data wasn't gonna overlap anyone on the server already because it was just a copy of the pc database.

Now, each of the databases is full and they said themselves they don't have the infrustructure to move players from one to another without data mishaps. Characters also have to be unique within the server, so their data could be overlapping with someone on another server.

Do I agree with this? Not really. I wish they had a transfer as well. But I understand that its technically not possible for them without an overhaul of the entire database structure.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • Tyrrean
    Tyrrean
    ✭✭
    cmetzger93 wrote: »

No, they explicitly said the capability is not there.

The only reason they offered it ONCE was because PC players were transferring to console on an empty database. Essentially, the data wasn't gonna overlap anyone on the server already because it was just a copy of the pc database.

Now, each of the databases is full and they said themselves they don't have the infrustructure to move players from one to another without data mishaps. Characters also have to be unique within the server, so their data could be overlapping with someone on another server.

Do I agree with this? Not really. I wish they had a transfer as well. But I understand that its technically not possible for them without an overhaul of the entire database structure.

I've heard of ZOS switching data for people who've moved from Europe to the US before. I think it's just a case of knowing who to ask. Or asking them enough times. This is from EU to NA, not PC to Console mind you.
  • SofiDesune
    SofiDesune
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there could be plenty of different reasons as to why some people would love to transfer between servers or ideas for servers.

Many games have the different servers depending on what game type you play fx "Pve/PVP" servers or "RP/PVE" servers and so. We have EU and NA.

Fx some roleplayers might want to shift to EU because things are not what they wanted on NA or the other way around. Some might have found a PVP group they desire to join, but they are on the other server, some might have the same thing with a PVE group and someone might move country, tons of reasons.

I think I would have liked servers more dedicated to what gametype you desired to play instead of 'EU' and 'NA' and the ability to purchase a transfer to another server with your things and so.

So you do not have to level up from scratch and miss out on things bought on 'NA account' that you will not have on EU account and so.