Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spell penetration - How it works?

Brantleyx
Brantleyx
✭✭
What is spell penetration, as to how its calculated? Like would it be beneficial to put 54 puts into erosion, 56 points into elfborn and 89 points into elemental expert as a magicka nightblade for pure damage? I've been testing several variations of allocation but can't seem to see which works best. Anyone have a calculator that will allocate the best distribution?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your Target's spell resistance - your spell penetration = damage dealt

Um typically sharpened + major fracture is enough, if LA you also get the penetration from that, with all 3 you're golden.

15k penetration is the max I would go for.
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 28, 2017 6:57PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Brantleyx
    Brantleyx
    ✭✭
    Your Target's spell resistance - your spell penetration = damage dealt

Um typically sharpened + major fracture is enough, if LA you also get the penetration from that, with all 3 you're golden.

15k penetration is the max I would go for.

So for magicka nb bombing i'm trying to get the highest cp damage output. Mixed with the shadow would it be wise to dump 89 elemental, 17 erosion, 82 elfborn and 10 shattering blows?
    Edited by Brantleyx on April 28, 2017 7:01PM
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All PVE monsters have an armor value. 500 armor = 1% damage reduction. Penetration directly subtracts from this armor value, so you do more damage to the monster because they don't reduce the damage as much.

So if a mob has 9000 armor, and you have 4000 penetration, 9000 - 4000 = 5000 armor value = 10% damage reduction. So when you attack this mob with a skill, the monster reduces the damage you do by 10%.