The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magblade set question

Dottzgaming
Dottzgaming
✭✭✭✭✭
i currently have two full sets of CP 160 gear for PvP for my DW/resto magblade build, but i cant decide which is best or if i should scrap them both. Do note; my goal with the gear sets is to utilize crafted gear only.

5 Piece twilights embrace and 5 piece magnus. I feel like this combo gives me a good overall set of stats. ill have the 8% chance to ignore spell costs on my front bar, but not on my back bar. this is to make sure i keep the spell power from Twilights embrace

5 piece julianos and 3-4 piece seducer. ill have 4 seducer on my front bar but 3 on my back bar.

Both sets i will be utilizing willpower jewlry
Edited by Dottzgaming on April 28, 2017 6:40PM
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kewl.

I'm no expert on Magicka NB so take anything I have to say with a grain of salt. I have, however, been experimenting with sets on my MB these last weeks. I think in general the Meta is pushing folks toward Burning Spellweave combined with something like Julianos, Necropotence , Vicious Death or even Black Rose, and a monster piece or two.

Vicious death isn't that difficult to get since it is rewarded in Cyrodiil for pvp quests and is fairly cheap to purchase. Necro can be purchased but it costs a pretty penny. Burning Spellweave is a city of Ash bind of pick-up drop so it's a difficult set to put together in the traits you want and can't be purchased.

At the moment I'm running a purple set of 5x5 Julianos, Necro with one piece Molag Kena. It's not an optimal build but it's something I can use while go after Spellweave and Rattlecage. Don't know how effective rattlecage will be but just want to see.

At this point with Morrowind getting so close I wouldn't suggest going all out on the drop sets until we know more after release.

Good luck
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i currently have two full sets of CP 160 gear for PvP for my DW/resto magblade build, but i cant decide which is best or if i should scrap them both. Do note; my goal with the gear sets is to utilize crafted gear only.

5 Piece twilights embrace and 5 piece magnus. I feel like this combo gives me a good overall set of stats. ill have the 8% chance to ignore spell costs on my front bar, but not on my back bar. this is to make sure i keep the spell power from Twilights embrace

5 piece julianos and 3-4 piece seducer. ill have 4 seducer on my front bar but 3 on my back bar.

Both sets i will be utilizing willpower jewlry

You could go 5 seducer, 4 mangus, 3 willpower if all you have it's crafted sets at the moment. That was my very first melee magblade build. Wearing seducer will also let you switch over to the thief mundus for more crit or shadow if you run major prophecy
    Edited by thankyourat on April 29, 2017 2:28PM