The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Grand Topal Hideaway

Nordic_Pirate
Nordic_Pirate
✭✭✭✭
What annoys me the most about the GTH is not the price. The price was expected. It's the availability. You have a few days where it's available then it's gone? Spend $150 now or you miss out forever. Motifs (even though they are ridiculously expensive as well, and costumes make sense for temporary availability. But big ticket items like that should be permanent so people can save for them if they wish.
Yes, I do heartily repent. I repent I had not done more mischief; and that we did not cut the throats of them that took us, and I am extremely sorry that you aren't hanged as well as we.

— Anonymous pirate, asked on the gallows if he repented.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume they brought it out for such a short time so people who can afford it but are on the fence don't have too much time to think about it and are more likely to buy it in case they regret it later on. And also to make it seem even more exclusive, which can encourage some people to buy.

I assume they will bring it back at some point, maybe for a longer period of time, because it'd be absurd to make it and only sell it for 4 days in total, but I doubt we'll get much notice of when that will be. If you want it and can't afford it now you'll pretty much have to hold onto the money ready to by crowns (or stockpile crowns from a subscription/during sales) and hope you catch it next time.

Which sucks, but apparently it's an effective marketing strategy used for all kinds of products.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"