The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you link multiple items to one chatbox line XB1 NA

Jciampi
Jciampi
✭✭✭
So whenevr I click on an item on XB1 and say link in chat, it posts just that item. I've seen numerous people post words, then a linked item or three. How do they do this? If i type anything in chat, as soon as i quit to go to items it closes my chat window and erases what I've typed. I can never link anything but just one item to a chat post. Would love to be able to link like 3 things too and not be a spammer if I have something nice.

Best Answers

• SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you have to link one item, then highlight and copy it. Link the next item you wanted to show, paste the first one that you copied to make a line with two items, then highlight and copy that line. Rinse and repeat until you hit the character limit
    Answer ✓
  • Fabulosity
    Fabulosity
    ✭✭✭
    You need a keyboard in order to use text chat effectively. When you send a message through text chat, it kind of gets saved into a short term history. So, when you open the text bar, you can press the up arrow on the keyboard to scroll through messages you've previously sent in order to edit them and/or send them again (hope that makes sense).

These are the steps I go through when linking multiple things at once:
    1: whisper myself so that other players don't get spammed with the many messages that get sent while preparing the bigger one. (/w gamertag)
    2: Type out whatever text I'll need (price, amounts, etc)
    3: Put the cursor (don't know what it's called, the vertical blinking line when you're typing) where you want the first linked item to appear.
    4: press B to minimise the text bar. This doesn't delete what you've typed so far.
    5: go to inventory and link item 1.

You'll now have an item linked in chat with some text as well. If you're looking just 1 item you don't need to whisper it to yourself, just go straight into zone chat.

To link multiple items:

6: open the text bar again, and press the up arrow on the keyboard. This should bring the last message you sent back into the text bar, including the linked item.
    7: place the cursor where you want item 2, back out, and link it.
    8: repeat steps 6-7 with other items, but do note that messages have a limited size so you can only link a few items before it fills up. If you link an item and the message is filled, you will instead see the characters from the item's code that were able to fit into the message.
    Answer ✓
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    You're awesome! I have keyboard but never knew up did that if to whisper to myself. You're genius. Thank you
  • soupyacorn88
    soupyacorn88
    Soul Shriven
    I've tried this a million times, and what's happening is, whatever I type is being overrided, and the first item gets posted automatically, and whatever I typed is still in the text chat bar.. haaaalp?!

Also, my "up" on my keyboard doesn't work to scroll through the text history? Is there a setting I'm missing?
    Edited by soupyacorn88 on May 7, 2017 2:48AM