Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

As a new Master Crafter...

LadyLethalla
LadyLethalla
✭✭✭✭✭
... how do I work out what to charge...?
If for example someone wants a 9 trait item or set, in a rare motif style? Or a single piece from a 3 trait set in a generic style?
If they supply all mats including the style motif, should I be asking for payment for the fact that I have done all my research?
How do I work out what to charge for glyphs?

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Flowersquisher
    Flowersquisher
    ✭✭✭
    As a general rule of thumb, if all mats are supplied, and you don't know the person; 1K/pc. is a reasonable amount. If you have to supply any mats, its your call, but id refuse.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1K/pc. is a reasonable amount.

I agree that 1k/pc is a reasonable amount, but I am frequently offered average 4k/pc to craft with mats provided.

I use to sell the lesser 8 trait white research pieces in guild stores at 750 gold each and couldn't keep up with the demand. Nirn would go for more of course.

If you have to provide the materials then you should definitely charge for at least the cost of your mats. And at Champion 160 you are looking at between 120 and 150 per crafted item. 8 per sanded ruby ash, 8 per rubedo hide leather, 10 per rubedite ingot, and 30 per ancestor silk are the prices I'm seeing on guild traders. A full 7 piece set of Light is going to be around 28k.

Here is a calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tui7mlx-EYJX2xHXw2KVutKoCiJrzu0D0knIyyae3-w/edit#gid=1033170767

You need to copy this and update it with your prices for mats that you've experienced. I copied this and updated the cost of ancestor silk to what I saw in game as 30 per. The original author has Ancestor Silk at 60 per. ymmv.

The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sordidfairytale Thanks for the link. Very helpful :)
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silk's about 55g/per at the moment on NA/PC.

For me, usually 1k/per piece if matts are supplied. If they aren't, I'll go buy them and charge what I paid + 25% 'annoyance' fee if I have to go to multiple kiosks.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.