Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Low level crafting shows 0 damage or static armor

Zapix
Zapix
Trying to craft armor for a friend who started playing. For reference, only woodworking and enchanting aren't lv.50 yet. Anyway, my problem is that when making low level armor and weapons for my friend, they show either a static armor (282 for heavy) or 0 damage (the word "damage" isn't even displayed) on weapons until level 28, where armor jumps to 1012, and weapon damage from 0 to 513. Also worth noting that traits on special sets are out of control. Take Death's Wind for example... For Champion 120, you get 1687 physical resist for 2 pieces, but anything crafted between levels 1 and 26 has 2700 physical resist added. So it seems to me something is broken.
Edited by Zapix on April 27, 2017 8:24PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guess this is all One Tamriel mechanics. To make it so that everyone can fight c160 monsters (which is what everything is set at now) players and gear gets handicapped the lower level it is. If you wore the pre-OT armor, a level 26 would be one-shotted by a c160 skeever, lol. So they get resistance buffs, but their gear gets buffs too. These are reduced as you reach higher levels.

This doesn't explain why weapons would show 0 damage. But my guess is that maybe at super low levels the system needs a character to equip it before it can decide what damage is appropriate? This explanation seems like a stretch, but plausible.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zapix wrote: »
    Trying to craft armor for a friend who started playing. For reference, only woodworking and enchanting aren't lv.50 yet. Anyway, my problem is that when making low level armor and weapons for my friend, they show either a static armor (282 for heavy) or 0 damage (the word "damage" isn't even displayed) on weapons until level 28, where armor jumps to 1012, and weapon damage from 0 to 513. Also worth noting that traits on special sets are out of control. Take Death's Wind for example... For Champion 120, you get 1687 physical resist for 2 pieces, but anything crafted between levels 1 and 26 has 2700 physical resist added. So it seems to me something is broken.

The number shown on the tooltip for a piece of gear in your inventory will not be the same as it is for another character of a different level.

The value shown on the gear tooltip is a dynamic combination of "gear" and "scaling" not just a set value for "gear".

to accurately assess the difference between two different pieces of gear you have to have them on the same character.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Zapix
    Zapix
    So... It's completely normal then that lv.1 gear has the same armor and damage rating as CP130 gear? :o
    As is in, I make lv.1 weapons to turn out with 1000+ damage, and heavy armor pieces that are well over 2000 a piece?

Here's a video of what it looks like when crafting...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCJMEQpKzTg

And how it looks on a low level character.
    http://imgur.com/a/sBBvc
    Edited by Zapix on April 29, 2017 10:13AM
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is normal it's due to the system scaling it's basing it off of the character Level that you're viewing it on
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Zapix

A level 4 cuirass on a level 4 character should display the same or almost the same armor value as a lvl 40 cuirass on a lvl 40 char if you look at the tooltip yes.

That is normal.

Same for weapons.

Now take that same lvl 4 cuirass and put it on the lvl 40 char and its armor value drops a lot.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Zapix
    Zapix
    Thanks for the replies.

Well over a year since I last played, and back then low levels had low level gear. Odd way to go about scaling, and not even sure what the point of exp/leveling is now if a lv.1 is going to have the same gear stats (minus skill points) as CP160 gear. Seemed to me like she was somehow getting glitched gear that would make her OP as :*

At least now I know why the gear I make her looks completely messed up on my end!
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zapix wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.

Well over a year since I last played, and back then low levels had low level gear. Odd way to go about scaling, and not even sure what the point of exp/leveling is now if a lv.1 is going to have the same gear stats (minus skill points) as CP160 gear. Seemed to me like she was somehow getting glitched gear that would make her OP as :*

At least now I know why the gear I make her looks completely messed up on my end!

leveling greatly improves your character.

You unlock more skills and passives and morphs.
    You unlock ultimates at lvl 12-
    You gain bar swap at 15.
    Weapon ults unlock after reaching 50 in those skills.
    You gain cp after 50.

Big difference in play in spite of some "numbers stay the same" between lvl 5, lvl15, lvl30, lvl40, lvl50 and lvl50-160 and lvl50-cp600.

just dont fall into a trap - keep your armor/weapons upgraded to match your level when going against difficult content. Works the same as before scaling - a lvl 40 char with lvl 10 gear vs enemies that match the character level will have a more difficult time. Wont show as much when leveling against overland stuff but can be seen against more challenging stuff.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Zapix
    Zapix
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.
    just dont fall into a trap - keep your armor/weapons upgraded to match your level when going against difficult content. Works the same as before scaling - a lvl 40 char with lvl 10 gear vs enemies that match the character level will have a more difficult time. Wont show as much when leveling against overland stuff but can be seen against more challenging stuff.

Without a doubt. Crafting was something I was doing from the start, and since it's basically effortless, I generally keep myself updated, though sometimes I'll let it go for a while, especially if I upgraded the quality. Still feels like I'm poking a brick wall with a plastic spoon sometimes, but in general, I rarely feel like I'm struggling. Especially having sunk 10 years into Final Fantasy XI, I know what struggling in a game is lol

Actually just got enchanting to 50 this afternoon, so that's all crafts to 50 now, though still finishing traits I didn't get before I had quit. Almost to CP150~160, so good timing. I'll finally make some legendary gear for myself.
    Edited by Zapix on April 30, 2017 6:58PM